Book Haul October 2012

It’s October and that means it time for the first theme month of J’adore Happy Endings. October is a month I love to read creepy, spooky books. I was thinking what the theme would be this year and I only could think of the word creepy. So, October is going to be my creepy month. 

“Creepy is having or causing a sensation or repulsion, horror, or fear, as of creatures  crawling on the skin."


The books that I’m planning to read are:


Frost by Marianna Baer
OMG! The cover of Frost is so cool! It’s creepy and a bit like a movie poster for a horror movie. & I like it. I’m super excited to read this book.

Possess by Gretchen McNeill
I heard so many great things about this book that I want to read it right now. But, I can’t because I’m reading This is not a Test. Possess sounds very scary and perfect for this month.









Still Waters by Emma Carlson Benne

A creepy lake house in the middle of nowhere, a boyfriend that acts strange and one car. Yes, one car! OMG!

This is not a Test by Courtney Summers
Zombies, yay! And it’s by Courtney Summers! Another yay! I love this cover.

The Girl Behind The Glass by Jane Kelley
A super short Middle Grade read about a haunted house.





And if I have more time left two e-books:
Branded by Keary Taylor
 
The Deepest Cut by J.A. Templeton


Currently I’m reading This is not a Test by Courtney Summers. I’m not that far in, but so far it’s really good. I only have read one book by Courtney Summers, but I can already tell I want to read more books written by this author.

Next I will be reading Still Waters by Emma Berne. This book sounds super creepy. 


Katja Weinert  – (7 oktober 2012 om 03:28)  

These titles all sound great. I've read one of your two e-books, The Deepest Cut, and enjoyed it.
Happy reading :)

Maria  – (7 oktober 2012 om 03:57)  

Nice set of books! They all look really good and I absolutely LOVE the cover for Still Waters! :)

Sabina  – (7 oktober 2012 om 04:21)  

I have This is not a test here to read. I've lots of good things about it!
Enjoy your new books!
Thanks for stopping by my STS

Sabina @ Delirious About Books

Alisa Selene  – (7 oktober 2012 om 04:59)  

I think the cover of Possess is so gorgeous..btw all your covers have a blue tone them! They look so pretty together :)
http://picturemereading.wordpress.com

Jessica@a GREAT read  – (7 oktober 2012 om 05:22)  

OOon nice! Heard of some of these but haven't read any of them. Hope you enjoy all your new reads!

Here's my STS

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (7 oktober 2012 om 05:59)  

I love all the creepy stuff you're reading. Bravo!

Christina / Book Addict  – (7 oktober 2012 om 07:38)  

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on all of these spooky reads, especially Still Waters...definitely a creepy cover. Enjoy them!

Braine TS  – (7 oktober 2012 om 07:49)  

Do you guys celebrate Halloween? These are very apt titles to read this month. Happy weekend and thanks for stopping by our BB&B.

Night Sky Reviews  – (7 oktober 2012 om 07:49)  

Great books. The covers are stunning. Thanks for stopping by!

YA Book Queen  – (7 oktober 2012 om 10:20)  

Possess is really good! I've heard fantastic things about TINAT too,

Hope you enjoy everything :)

Paige  – (7 oktober 2012 om 11:03)  

I'm so jealous of Possess I can't wait to check it out along with her new book Ten! I hope you enjoy everything you got this week!

My IMM

Lisa (Lost in Literature)  – (7 oktober 2012 om 11:11)  

Creepy is the perfect word!! :)

Great CREEPY books this month!! Enjoy them!

Thanks for stopping by my Stacking the Shelves! :)

Lisa @ Lost in Literature

Randi M  – (7 oktober 2012 om 11:39)  

Oooh, I'm going to have to look some of these up! I LOVED This is Not a Test - one of my faves. Enjoy your creepy reads! :) Come check out our Terror 'Tober event if you get a chance - we're reviewing horror all month long and Becky's posting some fun mini challenges!

Kristin  – (7 oktober 2012 om 11:56)  

Great haul! I can't wait to read This is not a test, hope you enjoy!

Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

My anxious life  – (7 oktober 2012 om 17:18)  

I am dying to read This is Not a Test... can't wait to see what you think!!

Angie

Cindy  – (7 oktober 2012 om 17:54)  

I am also going to read creepy books this month, including This Is Not A Test. Great haul, enjoy all your books :)

Nina  – (8 oktober 2012 om 02:46)  

@Katja Weinert: Really? I'm going to check your blog and check the review. I haven't heard a lot about this book, but it looked great.

@Alisa Selene: They do, lol! I didn't saw it.

@Braine TS: No, we don't. This montht they do air a lot of creepy horror movies on TV, but the kids go trick and treating on the 11th of November. & they don't dress up.

@Paige: I really want to read Ten too! Sounds like a great book.

Elodie  – (8 oktober 2012 om 12:21)  

Awesome haul :) !! This is Not a Test sounds awesome, I look forward to read your review on this one. Happy reading Nina ;)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP