Dutch Cover Alert

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.


The Netherlands – The United States

Kiss me, Kill me by Lauren Henderson
Fatale Kus door Lauren Henderson

The Dutch cover gives another vibe to the book than the American does. The Dutch cover looks more like it’s a chick lit book. They also changed the title into Fatal kiss. I like the placement of the title , the colour of it and the font.  If they changed the placement of the authors name, the cover would become slightly better. I rather have the authors name below the title, Fatal Kiss. It’s kind of like a moustache to me now. LOL. I also rather have seen the entire girls face. The American cover is super light. It almost looks like the boy is dead and the girl is kissing him lightly on the cheek to say goodbye. I like the font of Kill Me, but the cover misses something. Maybe the font of the authors name should be different. I don’t know, but it’s for sure missing something.  Neither really stand out for me.

Would you pick the Dutch or US cover?

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (3 oktober 2012 om 11:41)  

I'm with you... the Dutch cover looks like Chick lit. So, I'll go with the US cover. More interest there anyway. I agree with you on missing something. The colors look too washed out and it doesn't appear purposeful.

Christina / Book Addict  – (3 oktober 2012 om 12:27)  

Hmm...both covers are kind of creepy, but I'm going to go with the Dutch one. The US one looks strange- you are right....the guy looks dead!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (3 oktober 2012 om 12:27)  

The Dutch ones seem naughty. I lean US on this one. :)

Blodeuedd  – (3 oktober 2012 om 12:58)  

I like both of them...so I can't choose

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (3 oktober 2012 om 17:39)  

There are two different feels to these. I kind of like the Netherlands feel though. Feels more mysterious to me. :) Thanks for sharing these.

Elodie  – (4 oktober 2012 om 00:45)  

I have a copy of Kiss me Kill me but still haven't read it .. I actually like the US cover the best evn if I do agree, there's something missing on this cover :).

Lily Child  – (4 oktober 2012 om 00:57)  

I like the Dutch cover better! :)

Katja Weinert  – (4 oktober 2012 om 04:07)  

I'm quite torn between the two. Each cover matches the chosen title. For the title Fatal Kiss I'd go with the Dutch cover, because it suits with the red lips and black nailpolish...but for the original title is Kiss me, Kill me I'd go with the US cover because it shows a kiss, and with the guy's eyes closed he looks sort of vulnerable, and she doesn't look malicious either so it makes me curious to know more.

....Petty Witter  – (4 oktober 2012 om 06:39)  

My vote has to go to the Dutch cover.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP