Dutch Cover Alert

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.


The Netherlands – The United States

The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan
De Hongerige golven door Carrie Ryan


The American cover is very eye-catching! Everything about it screams read me, read me. I don’t like the Dutch cover. It’s clearly photo shopped and the girl looks to calm to be Gabry. I also don’t like the font of the title and the colour they used for the authors name. It just looks so fake to me. I really love the US cover, so much better than the Dutch cover!

Would you pick the Dutch or American cover?

Christina / Book Addict  – (17 oktober 2012 om 05:42)  

I agree. I'd have to go with the US cover. It's perfect for this book- so creepy!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (17 oktober 2012 om 06:59)  

I'm with you. I don't dig the Dutch cover. It's confusing.

Mrs. Jones  – (17 oktober 2012 om 07:06)  

Agree 100% with you!!!
I dont like the washed out colors, and fakeness of the Dutch cover!!
The US cover has better color, and the picture is breathtaking!!

LOVE it

Blodeuedd  – (17 oktober 2012 om 07:45)  

The Dutch one is soooo fake!Booooo. So US all the way

Lisa  – (17 oktober 2012 om 09:44)  

I like the US cover on this one too. It makes me want to know what this book is about and who this girl is.

Liesel K Hill  – (17 oktober 2012 om 10:11)  

Definitely the American! :D Much better!

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (17 oktober 2012 om 15:46)  

Yeah, I'm going with the US cover for this one too. I didn't stick with the series after the first book, but this cover definitely fits the tone!

Megan Monell  – (18 oktober 2012 om 06:17)  

I think the US cover looks more violent, but I like both.

Michelle @ MomWithAKindle  – (18 oktober 2012 om 09:08)  

Personally I love the American cover.
I have read the first in the series. I really need to read the next one. :)

Mel - Thedailyprophecy.  – (19 oktober 2012 om 06:35)  

Oh, I absolutely hate the Dutch cover. It doesn't do justice to the wonderful inside.

The other version from The dead-tossed waves is also pretty. I have those (the brownish one with a heart on it)

Elisabeth Marie  – (19 oktober 2012 om 06:49)  

I agree with you, hot pink on a grey background? o_O
I do like the picture of the waves better, and don't mind the font, but what does the girl who looks like she's praying have to do with the story? Sounds like it would have been more fitting for The Forest of Hands and Teeth. I'm a huge fan of FHT, I'm even writing a research paper on it for my grad class. :D

booksntea  – (20 oktober 2012 om 21:23)  

I definitely have to go with the US cover on this one. The Dutch cover has this awkward...self-published book cover sort of vibe. Does that make sense?

- Jackie

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP