Dutch Cover Alert

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.



The Netherlands – The United States

the treasure map of boys by E. Lockhart
Help ik kan niet kiezen by E. Lockhart (Help, I can't choose)

The Dutch cover of the treasure map of boys is very cute and girly. I like it, but I'm not really into the striped background. The name of the author could have been located on a better spot than on the left. I like the girl with the flower in her hair, she looks like a fun, sweet character. I like the American cover better than the Dutch cover. But, the girl on the right looks nothing like the girl on the Dutch cover. (Is the character blonde or brunette?) Because of the background and the feeling I get that it's about a girl in a boardingschool (preppy) I like the American cover the best.

Would you pick the Dutch or American cover?

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (24 oktober 2012 om 14:00)  

Me too. I love the background, her hair and hat, and the little cute cutout.

Jenny N.  – (24 oktober 2012 om 14:31)  

I like the US one more too. I also like how its the same girl on all the covers for the US version.

Lisa  – (24 oktober 2012 om 14:37)  

I'm not really a fan of either cover. They don't really give me any information about the book.

Christina / Book Addict  – (24 oktober 2012 om 17:50)  

I like the US cover as well, but I do like how the Dutch one is girly. You are right though- the stripes don't work! Thanks for sharing these! I always love to see different covers.

Mrs. Jones  – (24 oktober 2012 om 18:06)  

I wasnt really impressed with either cover. Both of them are just a pretty face. Nothing really about the story. nothing unique to THIS book...

I love these posts!

Lily Child  – (24 oktober 2012 om 20:37)  

I love the Dutch cover! Very colorful and cute! :)

Blodeuedd  – (24 oktober 2012 om 22:17)  

THe US cos it's cool. The Dutch one looks too cheap

....Petty Witter  – (25 oktober 2012 om 03:45)  

I'd like to see a mixture of the two actually as I prefer the background design of the Dutch cover but like the girl on the US cover.

Joanna  – (25 oktober 2012 om 10:24)  

I like the US cover better, the Dutch one is too sugary!

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (25 oktober 2012 om 11:41)  

I like them both. Both look sweet and I think it's a tie this time.

Emma - Boekenzee  – (26 oktober 2012 om 04:13)  

I like the Dutch cover but the US one looks a bit more professional. The different hair colours are weird though?

booksntea  – (27 oktober 2012 om 14:13)  

Both are cute. I like the colors of the Dutch version. But, ultimately my vote goes to the US version. It looks more professional. Not overly girly. And I like the fonts better.

- Jackie

Mel - Thedailyprophecy.  – (29 oktober 2012 om 12:42)  

I'm not a fan of both covers, but the Dutch title is so strange! And I prefer the American cover, because I don't like the striped background.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP