Dutch Cover Alert

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.



The Netherlands – The United States

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
Bloedverwanten by Richelle Mead

I don’t love both of the covers, but I do like them. The Dutch cover looks more like a historical fiction book . Like she’s hiding something, her magical powers. I don’t like the swirls. And I noticed something that they do in the Netherlands a lot with covers. Add swirls. They did it with Infinite Days, A great and terrible beauty and a lot more. The American cover isn’t really spectacular. It’s the girls face with a guy looking at her. But, I love the font of the title. It’s beautiful. Looks like it could be a tattoo. And bonus point for the guy. Us cover! 

Would you pick the Dutch or American cover?

Christina / Book Addict  – (31 oktober 2012 om 07:06)  

I am not a big fan of the US cover or any of the Vampire Academy covers in the US either. I wish they would get a makeover. The Dutch one is pretty cool, but you are right- they love the swirls. I've seen that a lot with the UK covers, too! Thanks for sharing these.

Mrs. Jones  – (31 oktober 2012 om 07:30)  

hmmm... I dont really like either of them. I do like the font of the US cover, like you mentioned.

Jenny N.  – (31 oktober 2012 om 08:23)  

I'm so used to seeing the US cover all the time and I also like that you can see the lily tattoo on the girl's face.

Lisa  – (31 oktober 2012 om 08:38)  

I'm not really a fan of Richelle Mead's covers. Her books are great but they covers are not eye catching. I do like the font on the US cover better, but I also like the mystery surrounding the Dutch cover.

Blodeuedd  – (31 oktober 2012 om 12:44)  

The US one bores me, so I take the Dutch one even if it doesn't really fit

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (31 oktober 2012 om 16:20)  

I'm with you on the font. It's US for me. :)

My anxious life  – (31 oktober 2012 om 19:09)  

This time around I like the US cover!

Eden Uyehara  – (1 november 2012 om 12:11)  

Hey sweetie, Its been a long time since I last checked out your blog. Sorry!! Hope all is going good!! I love the post!!! I need a new book ASAP!! lol...

I Just made a FaceBook Page and I would love for you to "Like" and share you opinion <3
http://www.facebook.com/sweetwahine85
http://swbeautifullife.blogspot.com

Have a beautiful day
xoxo Eden

Anne  – (2 november 2012 om 12:28)  

Great post, your blog is amazing <33
Would you maybe like to follow eachother? Love, Anna

www.movieanne.com (tomorrow it will be changed into www.fashionanna.com)

Emma - Boekenzee  – (3 november 2012 om 02:58)  

For once I am a bigger fan of the dutch cover. Not gonna buy it in dutch though ;)

Maria  – (3 november 2012 om 08:10)  

You're right that the Dutch cover looks more like a historical. I prefer the U.S. cover too.

Sharrice Hewlett  – (3 november 2012 om 20:52)  

I really like the Dutch cover. Kinda jealous ours looks so boring

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP