Feature & Follow (Friday)


"The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read."

Question: 
What writing device or trick most irritates you when reading a book?

Love at first sight a.k.a insta-love. Love at first sight is a wonderful thing, but lets be real how often does that happen when you’re a teenager. Seriously. That’s not insta-love, that’s lust at first sight. So he’s hot, but what about his character? Depth please!

Love triangle. First of all, I love a love triangle when I (as a reader) can’t choose myself either. But, when I don’t feel the connection between the girl and one of the guys I’m a hater of it. And why does the girl always have to whine about it ? Choose already! We all know who you are going to end up with.

Happy Friday!!

Emma - Boekenzee  – (26 oktober 2012 om 05:01)  

hahaha totally agree!! Those are the two most annoying things in a book :D

Nina  – (26 oktober 2012 om 05:03)  

@Emma-Boekenzee: I agree, those two are high on the list of annoying things. :)

Myra White  – (26 oktober 2012 om 05:07)  

I have to agree. Love triangles where it's obvious who the girl will choose but she ends up hurting everyone and being a pain in the bum, are just painful.

New GFC follower. :)

Myra @ Pieces of Whimsy

Cassy Wrage  – (26 oktober 2012 om 05:22)  

Bleh, hate insta love so much!!

New follower :)

My FF

Nina  – (26 oktober 2012 om 05:31)  

@Myra: Indeed, painful! Thanx for stopping by! :)

@ Cassy: Me too! :)

Jessica (Peace Love Books)  – (26 oktober 2012 om 05:31)  

I said insta-love too! And love triangles can get kind of annoying. I hate not being able to choose because no matter who the character chooses, you always feel bad for the other one! Great answer :)

Here's my FF!

Lisa (Lost in Literature)  – (26 oktober 2012 om 05:36)  

Haha love it!!! My thoughts EXACTLY! I'm with you on this one. ;)

Jessica@a GREAT read  – (26 oktober 2012 om 05:52)  

Definitely agree on both points! I can't stand insta love. To me it's just falling in love based on looks alone and that's just annoying!

Love triangles, I agree can be done well. But when there's a love triangle just for the sake of a love triangle I can't stand it.

Here's my Follow Friday

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (26 oktober 2012 om 06:49)  

Yes! Instalove is SO way worse than LT but I hate them both.

Lisa  – (26 oktober 2012 om 07:54)  

I completely agree about Love Triangles. If they are written right I am completely in love with them, but if not then I really dislike them.

Page Girl's Page of Book Reviews  – (26 oktober 2012 om 07:57)  

I like insta-love in teens books but it seems cheesy in adult books. When I was a teen I was always in insta-love in my mind.

Old follower thanks for stopping by

Jennifer  – (26 oktober 2012 om 08:15)  

I totally agree! There are a few exceptions to my dislike of love triangles, but they are few and far between. Old follower.

Happy Friday!
Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews

Mrs. Jones  – (26 oktober 2012 om 08:49)  

This is exactly my issues!!!
Insta love and Love Triangles!!

SO tired of them BOTH!

:)
Old follower-
Come check out My FF
-Theresa

Kristina  – (26 oktober 2012 om 08:52)  

I chose love triangles also. I agree with the insta love in ya, it never seems real. Thanks for stopping by, following back

Julie  – (26 oktober 2012 om 09:53)  

Oh, I agree with the love triangle thing so annoying! I even wrote a whoel post on it at me blog today.

New follow via GFC.

Julie~ New Adult Addiction

Lauren  – (26 oktober 2012 om 10:20)  

Oh goodness. I AGREE with your comment about love triangles. I can almost always tell who she's going to pick and then the third person is like a pesky fly that you have to keep swatting away. I don't care for love triangles in general, but the two series that I actually love that feature triangles, are the type that I'm not sure who the girl will end up with (Unearthly by Cynthia Hand and The Infernal Devices by Cassadra Clare), and they're also written in a believable way.

The Book Blondes  – (26 oktober 2012 om 10:29)  

Oh how interesting! Thanks for your suggestion, I will give that book a try! I agree, although some love triangles I like.
Old follower :)
Alise - My FF Post

Krista Raven  – (26 oktober 2012 om 10:36)  

I agree how often does insta love come to teenagers or even adults, but I'm a dreamer so sometimes I need it, I would admit to be a little cheesy myself LOL thanks for stopping by I am returning the follow of your super cute blog GFC
Krista
Book Review Club
Happy Halloween

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (26 oktober 2012 om 12:07)  

I've actually read a couple of triangles that were real triangles and handled well by the author and I was majorly surprised. However, I do agree with you otherwise. It's so rare.

I hate cliffies! HATE them more than anything else. :P

Talk Supe  – (26 oktober 2012 om 13:22)  

I know insta-crush is true but insta-love... that's a little creepy in real life.

Braine

Daphne  – (26 oktober 2012 om 14:38)  

I agree with you 100%! Insta luv is just so unrealistic and almost never happens in the real world. Love triangles are one of my favorite factors in a novel but if it's obvious on who the character should pick, I wouldn't like it either. Old follower.

Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

veela-valoom  – (26 oktober 2012 om 15:23)  

I really should've put instalove on my list. But my list was sooooo long that I just had to stop myself because I felt like such a complainer!

Thanks for visiting! New follower!

Joie  – (26 oktober 2012 om 18:54)  

I agree! Although, there are love triangles that are done quite well. As a whole though, it's way too overused so you hardly see anything new.

Thanks for stopping by my FF :)

Cindy Mai  – (26 oktober 2012 om 19:56)  

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yep. I totally agree. OMG. Insta-love. Old follower~

- Cindy
http://bookaholicfaggots.blogspot.com

quinnsbooknook  – (26 oktober 2012 om 20:36)  

Haha. I'm not a huge fan of instalove, either, but I hate love triangles ever more. I just have no patience for it. And is it love, if she can't choose? I just don't like them.

Here's my FF

Carmen Jenner  – (27 oktober 2012 om 03:24)  

Ha ha! Agreed, insta-love is the worst, but I draw the line at triangles, as a rule I genuinely LOVE those! ;)
Thanks for stopping by my FF'S for this week
Book Me! and Carmen Jenner.com
Happy Friday! =D

Jen Witch  – (27 oktober 2012 om 06:44)  

Thos are definitely two good picks. Triangles and Insta-love can drive me crazy at times.

J. B. Kantt  – (27 oktober 2012 om 13:10)  

Hey!
Thank you SO much for stopping by my blog!!! I really appreciate it!!!
Great answer! I completely see where you're coming from!!!
I'm a new follower!!! :D

J.B. http://jbkantt.blogspot.com/

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP