Feature & Follow (Friday)

"The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read."

 Question: 
 When you step out of your USUAl genre what do you like to read? Best books in that genre?


When I started blogging and reading more YA books I loved the genre fantasy and paranormal. Contemporary reads weren’t my favourite and I never read a lot of books in that genre. But lately, well since last year, I started to read a lot more contemporary books & it’s now one of my favourite genres. I do have to say, contemporary as in drama! I don’t read a lot of contemporary books that has to do with heavy issues. Dramalicious reads! So, what is my usual genre? I don’t know. I usually don’t stick with one genre. But I haven’t read a lot of books in the genre dystopian. I do like the genre, but it’s not one of my favourites.

The books that I liked in this genre are:
The Selection by Kiera Cass, Across the Universe (and the sequel) by Beth Revis & Candor by Pam Bachorz.

Elisabeth Marie  – (19 oktober 2012 om 06:47)  

I've come across your blog via Follow Friday and am now following you! But I must ask, why is some of your page in Dutch?

Kazhy  – (19 oktober 2012 om 06:52)  

I haven't read a lot of dystopian books too! It's like I've developed a dislike for it, even though I love all the ones that I've read. It's really weird.

And thanks for following! I followed back :)

- Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

Nina  – (19 oktober 2012 om 06:56)  

@Elisabeth Marie: I'm Dutch! lol. I live in the Netherlands and therefore some of the words, like the days and the sidebar words are in Dutch. :)

@Kazhy: Thanx! :)

Micheline D  – (19 oktober 2012 om 07:00)  

Great answer, I love your usual preferred genre! I'm not big on contemporary reads but I really should step out of my usual reads & check some out :)

Thanks for following my FB page, I am a new blog follower via GFC!

Here's my FFF

Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

bermudaonion  – (19 oktober 2012 om 07:30)  

That's a tough question for me - I guess I don't read outside of my comfort zone that often.

Daphne  – (19 oktober 2012 om 08:14)  

Huh. The first part of your paragraph just described me perfectly. O.O Maybe I'll have to check out contemporary reads and see what all the fuss is about. xD Thanks for stopping by! New follower via GFC.

Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

Ashley Williams  – (19 oktober 2012 om 08:24)  

I love dramalicious reads! I have been on a big contemporary kick as well! But I really just read what sounds good to me.
Here's my FF.
Happy Friday!
Ashley
#BookNerd

Lisa  – (19 oktober 2012 om 08:27)  

I had never really read dystopian novels until I started blogging. Now I enjoy them but I don't think I stick to a certain genre anymore. I think I'm a more versatile reader through blogging than I ever was before.

Blodeuedd  – (19 oktober 2012 om 08:27)  

And I still love fantasy the best :)

Jessica@a GREAT read  – (19 oktober 2012 om 09:02)  

Contemps were never my fave either. I read a few years ago when I couldn't find any paranormal reads, those were scary times! Basically adding more fuel to the fire of horrible teen years! Luckily in my late teens I started reading more adult books for my paranormal fix and then a few more years after that, YA paranormal became insanely popular! So I am in literary heaven!

Here's my Follow Friday

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

Annmarie  – (19 oktober 2012 om 09:09)  

I don't read much Dystopian either but I did enjoy The Selection. New follower :)
My FF

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (19 oktober 2012 om 09:29)  

great recommendations, i haven't seen a lot about candor.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (19 oktober 2012 om 12:30)  

Good list. I don't read much contemp YA, but you do make me want to read it more. :)

Jenna Blake Morris  – (19 oktober 2012 om 12:39)  

I have *got* to read Across the Universe. I've meant to for a long time now, but I haven't gotten around to it. Good to know it comes recommended!

Alisa Selene  – (19 oktober 2012 om 13:21)  

We tend to read a lot of the same genres! Off topic but I love the cover of your current read "Still Waters"..very ophelia esque!

Erica Nicholas  – (19 oktober 2012 om 17:44)  

I love dystopian! Thanks for stopping by Ink Spots and Roses!

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP