Frost by Marianna Baer

Frost by Marianna Baer
Release date:
September, 2011
Pages: 396
Source: Bought

My Feelings:



Description:
Leena Thomas’s senior year at boarding school starts with a cruel shock: Frost House, the cozy Victorian dorm where she and her best friends live, has been assigned an unexpected roommate—eccentric Celeste Lazar.

As classes get under way, strange happenings begin to bedevil Frost House: frames falling off walls, doors locking themselves, furniture toppling over. Celeste blames the housemates, convinced they want to scare her into leaving. And although Leena strives to be the peacekeeper, soon the eerie happenings in the dorm, an intense romance between Leena and Celeste’s brother, David, and the reawakening of childhood fears all push Leena to take increasingly desperate measures to feel safe. But does the threat lie with her new roommate, within Leena’s own mind…or in Frost House itself?



My Review:
I bought this book for two reasons: 1. The cover. It’s creepy, but so cool! And 2. The story sounds super scary. Perfect for the theme of the month October.

Leena is a nice character. She’s caring, understanding and friendly. She’s likeable, but a bit strange. Why? Well, the closet of her roommate smells like home to her and therefore she likes to sit in it. I mean if you are six, seven and you think the boogeymen is out there to get you, you probably feel save in the closet. Right? But when you’re sixteen, seventeen it’s kind of weird. Seriously! And not only that and I don’t want to ruin everything but the thing she does in there is just crazy. I know she has issues and that this is the way she deals with them, but I just thought it was crazy. Celeste, the new roommate, was interesting. I had no idea if she was lying or telling the truth. Celeste and David, her brother, have a very close relationship and at times I thought it was too close.

I thought this plot would creep me out. But, it didn’t. The plot is fast paced and I read the book very fast. But, I read further because I thought something creepy was waiting for me. Something that was super scary. But, that never happened. And then the ending came and it could have used more explaining. More details about actually what happened.


So, all in all it's very entertaining, but just not what I expected. 

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (15 oktober 2012 om 13:32)  

Aw...sorry it didn't scare you. Hm... that sounds strange, right? lol Still, too bad it didn't have the creep factor you were looking for. Still glad it entertained tho.

Alisa Selene  – (15 oktober 2012 om 13:40)  

I hate that feeling of being disappointed by an ending!

Nina  – (16 oktober 2012 om 04:51)  

@Juju: Weird, right? lol.

@Melissa: I really wanted to be scared! :(

@Alisa Selene: Me too!

YA Book Queen  – (16 oktober 2012 om 08:33)  

She likes to sit in her roommates closet? That is a bit strange.

Interesting review! Too bad it wasn't as creepy as you thought it would be.

Mel - Thedailyprophecy.  – (16 oktober 2012 om 11:22)  
Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.
Mel - Thedailyprophecy.  – (16 oktober 2012 om 11:23)  

I always hate it when a book doesn't deliver. Especially when you expect it to be scary; so I want it to be scary.

Sitting in the closet from your roommate is a bit weird, but I guess that I do weird things too :p

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (16 oktober 2012 om 17:21)  

Sorry it wasn't as creepy as you had hoped for. She does sound strange though. :) Thanks!

Nina  – (17 oktober 2012 om 03:16)  

@Ya Book Queen: Weird, right?

@Mel: lol. Yeah, I hate that too. I wanted it to be scary.

@Melissa: :)

Charlene C  – (17 oktober 2012 om 18:15)  

Wow, the cover is very nice, I would definitely have been drawn in by it.
Disappointing the book didn't live up to expectations though. It sounds like it would be a deliciously creepy read!

Michelle @ MomWithAKindle  – (18 oktober 2012 om 09:10)  

I'm adding this to my TBR list. I LOVE fast reads. I get bored real easy! :) Thanks for the post

Lectus Read  – (21 oktober 2012 om 08:49)  

I love the cover. hmmm, I'm going to give it a try because I'm a sucker for boarding school stories. Will get back to this post when I read the book!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP