Jenny Pox by J.L. Brian


Jenny Pox by J.L. Brian
Release date:
July, 2010
Pages: 214
Source: Bought

My Feelings:



Description:
Eighteen-year-old Jenny Morton has a horrific secret: her touch spreads a deadly supernatural plague, the "Jenny pox." She lives by a single rule: Never touch anyone. A lifetime of avoiding any physical contact with others has made her isolated and painfully lonely in her small rural town.

Then she meets the one boy she can touch. Jenny feels herself falling for Seth...but if she's going to be with him, Jenny must learn to use the deadly pox inside her to confront his ruthless and manipulative girlfriend Ashleigh, who secretly wields the most dangerous power of all.


My Review:

Jenny Pox was a weird read. I mean, I liked most of it and then the ending came and I was shocked. I know, I know, what? Lets start with the characters.

Jenny is smart, avoids people and is very unpopular. That sums it up, right? She has this huge secret she can’t tell to anyone and therefore she has no friends. Seth is a nice character. Not very swoon worthy, but still a nice guy. He’s popular, self-confident. And then there is Ashleigh, she is just evil.


The plot is crazy addictive. I read this in one sitting. It was that good. The three main characters were very powerful and I loved seeing Jenny progress in the story. She got more confident when she was with Seth and she became a lot more powerful too. There was action, secrets, drama and a lot of horror/ disturbing stuff going on. The ending was way too graphic for me! It reminded me of those horror movies when sometimes you have to look away from the screen. Too much goriness and gross stuff happening.

I wanted to give this book three stars, but after reading it the story stayed in my head! For a very long time.  So, I knew that could only mean it was really good. I recommend Jenny Pox for everyone who loves the horror genre.

Blodeuedd  – (29 oktober 2012 om 13:49)  

I am glad to see that you liked it since I have it to read

Blodeuedd  – (29 oktober 2012 om 13:49)  

I am glad to see that you liked it since I have it to read

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (29 oktober 2012 om 13:49)  

I have this one on my tbr and still need to start it. I can't wait to read it. I love that it stayed in your head so you had to give it another star/heart. :)

Sharrice Hewlett  – (30 oktober 2012 om 12:46)  

Wow, this book sounds awesome. I am going to have to read it now cuz I want to find out about the ending. How exciting!!! Awesome review!!

Alisa Selene  – (30 oktober 2012 om 13:47)  

I am really interested in this one! Great review!

Jenny N.  – (30 oktober 2012 om 13:59)  

Its great that it stayed with you even after finishing it but probably not for me cause I always stay away from horror.

Charlene C  – (1 november 2012 om 23:42)  

What an interesting premise! I don't normally go for graphic horror, but your review intrigues me, I plan to add it to my TBR list!

Eden Uyehara  – (2 november 2012 om 10:46)  

Hey Long time!!! I'm giving you the Versatile Blogger and Leibster Award
If if you have been picked you in the past and you don't want to repost please just answer the survey questions bellow in the comment's Hope you are having a beautiful day!!
http://swbeautifullife.blogspot.com/2012/11/always-winner-lol.html
I just created a facebook page:
http://facebook.com/sweetwahine85

xoxo
Eden

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP