Preparations for Dewey's Read-a-thon 2012

This will be the first time I’m participating the 24 hour Dewey’s read-a-thon. The read-a-thon sounds like it will be so much fun. I read that short books are the way to go in the read-a-thon and I have one really short book and two books under 300 pages. One book is over 300 pages. I have selected four books and they are all e-books. The read-a-thon starts in the Netherlands at 11 o’clock in the evening tonight, but I’m going to start at 6 o’clock tomorrow. My goal is to have fun and read at least two books.

The books I selected to read are:

Jenny Pox by J.L. Bryan
Pages: 214
Format:
E-book

Thoughts:
I’m super excited to read Jenny Pox. It’s has only 214 pages so I probably can read this in four hours. Or maybe even in less hours if the book is fast paced. I love the premise of the book, but it got me a little bit scared. It’s not recommend for readers under eighteen. Okay, so I’m not eighteen anymore, but I’m wondering if it’s really scary. Probably wise to read in the early hours.













The Mysterious Howling by Maryrose Wood
Pages: 276
Format:
E-book

Thoughts:
The Mysterious Howling sounds like a fun, entertaining read.  The story sounds a bit like Mary Poppins story & I love Mary Poppins. On every Saturday the BBC airs this show called Servants: The True Story Of Life Below Stairs. It’s very interesting and informative. I’ve learned so much about servants in the Victorian era already. Even though a governess is not really a servant, I love that I’m going to read a middle grade story about a governess in the Victorian era.











Evan Burl and the Falling by Justin Blaney
Pages: 316
Format:
E-book

Thoughts:
I had planned to read and review Evan Burl and the Falling at the end of September, but I just didn’t had the time to read it. I think this is going to be a great read, but a though one. I’m probably going to read this after The Mysterious Howling by Maryrose Wood.















And All the Stars by Andrea K. Host
Pages: 193
Format:
E-book

Thoughts:
An dystopian book which has gotten a lot of five star rating reviews on Goodreads. I’m curious about this book. I haven’t read a lot of dystopian books and I’m really interested in this book. Goodreads says it has only 193 pages, so this will be a great read for at night!

The plan is:

I’m going to wake up at 6 o’clock and read from 7 to 10. Eat breakfast and update the blog. From 11 to 3 o’clock it’s time to read again. (hopefully the second book) Eat lunch and update the blog. Maybe go for a walk. From 4 to 6 start reading the third book. Make dinner for me and my sister. An update on the blog around 7. And start reading again at 8 till 1 in the morning.

The snacks are:

More like unhealthy food. I’ve bought m&ms & popcorn.

If you are participating please let me know and I’ll stop by your blog the next time I’m online. Good luck with it and have a lot of reading fun!

YA Book Queen  – (12 oktober 2012 om 07:50)  

Interesting books! Good luck with the read-a-thon! :)

Nina  – (12 oktober 2012 om 07:56)  

@Ya Book Queen; Thank you! :)

Emmi  – (12 oktober 2012 om 08:30)  

And All the Stars looks great, I would love to try it!

Nina  – (12 oktober 2012 om 08:34)  

@Lisa, Petty Witter: Thank you! :)

@Emmi: I'm really curious about that book. I hope I'll like it.

Mel - Thedailyprophecy.  – (12 oktober 2012 om 08:41)  

Good luck! But most of all, have fun! :D I can't wait to see your thoughts about Jenny Pox :)

Christina / Book Addict  – (12 oktober 2012 om 09:21)  

Good luck with the read-a-thon! Ive always wanted to participate in one....have fun!

Mad Scientist  – (12 oktober 2012 om 11:46)  

I have And all the Starts that I plan on reading soon myself. I also picked up Jenny Pox for my Kindle not too long ago.

Great Picks!

Mad Scientist @ Steampunkery & Book Reviews

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (12 oktober 2012 om 14:28)  

Good luck and have fun! I can't wait to read Jenny Pox (I have it just haven't dived in)!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (12 oktober 2012 om 16:28)  

I really liked the Mysterious Howling! Enjoy :)

erlessard  – (12 oktober 2012 om 18:21)  

Great choices. Hope you get 'em all!

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic  – (12 oktober 2012 om 21:15)  

I'm reading Jenny Pox for the readathon as well. Good luck! You'll have a blast. This is my 4th time participating.

Nina  – (13 oktober 2012 om 01:27)  

@all: Thank you so much! :) An update will be posted soon. ;)

Maji Bookshelf  – (13 oktober 2012 om 02:46)  

Been wanting to read Jenny Pox for a while... Good luck dear!
- Farah @ MajiBookshelf

Louise  – (13 oktober 2012 om 03:41)  

Good luck with the readathon. I'm starting to read some more dystopian fiction so will be really interested to know what you think of "and all the stars".

Will come along later to see how you are doing.

Justin Blaney  – (18 oktober 2012 om 23:16)  

I hope you enjoy Evan Burl and the Falling. When you get it done, and if you want to write a review, perhaps we could do a giveaway on your site?

Let me know how I can help,
Justin Blaney

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP