Still Waters by Emma Carlson Berne

Still Waters by Emma Carlson Berne
Release date:
December, 2011
Pages: 212
Source: Bought

My Feelings:



Description:

Hannah can't wait to sneak off for a romantic weekend with her boyfriend, Colin. He's leaving for college soon, and Hannah wants their trip to the lake house to be one they'll never forget.
But once Hannah and Colin get there, things start to seem a bit...off. They can't find the town on any map. The house they are staying in looks as if someone's been living there, even though it's been deserted for years. And Colin doesn't seem quite himself. As he grows more unstable, Hannah worries about Colin's dark side, and her own safety.
Nothing is as perfect as it seems, and what lies beneath may haunt her forever.

My Review:
I bought Still Waters because it sounded like something I would watch on TV. Or even on the big screen in the cinema. And after reading Frost, which was nice but not creepy, I had my fingers crossed that Still Waters was what I expected it to be. And it was!

Hannah was a likable character. Yeah, she was oblivious and not very smart in the decisions she made, but she was still okay. Colin was strange, creepy and in the end likeable. Because of the premise, I knew that I couldn’t trust the guy. In the beginning he was sweet and all nice, but that didn’t stop me from thinking that he was just pretending.  In the car to the house, he started to act all strange and it freaked me out. Talk about a creepy boyfriend.

The plot is so, so good. It ‘s a short book, but what happened in the house and at the lake was super creepy and scary. There were some intense moments. At times I wanted to scream at Hannah to just get away and hit the guy on the head. 

I really enjoyed reading Still Waters and I’m looking forward reading more of Emma Carlson Bernes work. I recommend you picking up a copy of Still Waters. So good.

Little Miss Becky  – (22 oktober 2012 om 14:22)  

This sounds like a great creepy Halloween read!! I need to read this one sometime. Glad you enjoyed it!

Lisa  – (22 oktober 2012 om 14:43)  

Sounds like a great read for Halloween. I love to read creepy/spooky books in the fall!

Alisa Selene  – (24 oktober 2012 om 14:01)  

This book sounds so intriguing and the cover is so ophelia esque..it's very cool!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP