Feature & Follow (Friday)


"The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read."

Question: 
What do you hope to accomplish with your blog? Is it to one day become an author yourself, just for fun, maybe get some online attention, or maybe something very different?

My blog is for fun. I adore reading and I wanted a place where I can express my thoughts on the books that I loved. Nothing more, just a fun place to check out reviews and interact with other bloggers/readers. J

"Book Blogger Hop" is hosted by ONE host, Jen of Crazy for Books.

Question:
Banned Books Week ends on the 6th. How do you feel about being challenged to be banned from libraries or schools? Have you read any banned books?

If you don’t like the sound of a book, then don’t read it. You can’t just tell other people to not read it. That’s just ridiculous! I haven’t read a lot of banned books, but the one I have and is on the list: Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. The reasons this book is banned is because of its religious viewpoint and violence. OMG! 

I haven’t read the Gossip Girl series, but I do love the show and this series is banned too. Why? Drugs, offensive language and sexually explicit. Hello! Seriously! 

Lisa (Lost in Literature)  – (5 oktober 2012 om 05:40)  

I agree! It's all about having fun! :)

Lisa @ Lost in Literature
My FF

Lectus Read  – (5 oktober 2012 om 05:47)  

I just blog for fun too :-)

New Follower!

This is my FF

Lectus

Nina  – (5 oktober 2012 om 05:51)  

@Lisa & Lectus Read: Yay! :) Thank you for stopping by!

Gigi Ann  – (5 oktober 2012 om 06:12)  

After googling what the 100 top banned books were I found I had only read three of them, not because they are banned books, but because most of the banned books were not in genres I read.

Mrs. Jones  – (5 oktober 2012 om 06:53)  

Agreed! Its all about having fun and sharing your thoughts
Old follower-
Come check out My FF
-Theresa

Christina  – (5 oktober 2012 om 06:55)  

I agree. It's been such a fun experience!

Old follower.

Christina @ Ensconced in YA
My FF

Ashley Williams  – (5 oktober 2012 om 07:07)  

I blog for fun as well. If something further comes from it, then so be it.. but if not, atleast I have gained a few fellow book enthusiasts along the way.
Here's my FF.
Happy Friday!
Ashley
#BookNerd

Kate  – (5 oktober 2012 om 07:09)  

Yay! Love your answer!

new follower and here's my FF for the week!

Kate @ KISSKITKATEY

Jessica@a GREAT read  – (5 oktober 2012 om 07:12)  

Yeah I love having a place where I feel normal! Blogging lets me gush about books I love and other things and everyone totally gets me here!

Here's my Follow Friday

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

....Petty Witter  – (5 oktober 2012 om 07:49)  

Great post. I think you may well find you have read more banned books than you realise - the list of books banned at sometime somewhere in the world is really extensive and includes many books that you'll be surprised at.

Nina  – (5 oktober 2012 om 07:50)  

@Petty Witter: Probably! I'm going to check the list out. ;)

Lisa  – (5 oktober 2012 om 08:04)  

Completely agree about the banned books. People are not "making" you read books you find offensive so what is the big deal!

Elizabeth  – (5 oktober 2012 om 08:43)  

I have read a lot of them and didn't know I did. I was REQUIRED to read them in high school. :)

Stop by to see the list I read. :) My link is below.

Happy Hopping.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/10/book-blogger-hop-105-1011.html

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (5 oktober 2012 om 08:46)  

Great answer.
I think when people take their blogs too seriously, you can sorta tell ya know? :)

Alison Can Read  – (5 oktober 2012 om 09:02)  

Hopping through. Twilight makes no sense to be banned to me. I don't see any religious viewpoint in it other than a blanket mention of God. People overreact.
One of my conservative friends who hadn't read the book got really upset that there was sex in Breaking Dawn. Then I told her that the characters were married when they had sex and that it was very tasteful and she couldn't complain anymore. People should read the book before they freak out.
My Hop

Aliaa El-Nashar  – (5 oktober 2012 om 09:04)  

Blogging has been so much fun for me, glad you're enjoying it too :)

*New Follower*

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (5 oktober 2012 om 12:25)  

Of course I read banned books! I don't search them out to read them, but I know several I have read have been banned. I think if it is in print, it has been banned somewhere. People always like telling others how to live even though they don't live that way themselves. :P

Alisa Selene  – (5 oktober 2012 om 13:30)  

I do book blogging for fun as well!
Old follower!
http://picturemereading.wordpress.com

Livia @ Butterfly-o-Meter Books  – (5 oktober 2012 om 15:19)  

Twilight, religious viewpoint and violence? Pffft. Violence, doesn't seem like it, but what freaking connection is there with religious viewpoints? Ridiculous, right?

Have a great weekend, and thanks for stopping by. Following you back :)

Kim L  – (5 oktober 2012 om 17:01)  

I agree, book blogging is such an awesome experience and I'm so glad to be apart of the book blogging community, yes, I could always just turn to goodreads but I think blogging offers a whole world more.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Old follower :)

My anxious life  – (5 oktober 2012 om 17:20)  

I love seeing blogs in other languages! My sister's mother in law's blog is in French (though the articles are English like yours). Ummm and the comparing covers.. genius! Thanks for stopping by my FF!
Angie
Angela's Anxious Life

Vonnie Rivera  – (5 oktober 2012 om 18:01)  

Gosh, we have the same views when it comes to banned books.

Thanks for stopping by!
Vonnie's Reading Corner
Old follower

erlessard  – (6 oktober 2012 om 01:18)  

I didn't know Gossip Girls was banned. That's crazy?

(New Follower)

Nina  – (6 oktober 2012 om 03:09)  

@My Anxious life: Yay! :)

@erlessard: Weird, right?

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP