The Happy Bookaholic Tag

On Monday I saw that Sabrina from About Happy Books created a tag about book shopping. I really enjoyed reading her answers to her questions and decided to answer them myself too.


      What do you love about buying new books? 
Everything about buying books is awesome. I love going to a bookstore and browse for hours. Looking at beautiful spines, gorgeous covers and reading the first few lines of a book that looks interesting and falling in love with it are my favourite things to do in bookstores. 

How often do you buy new books? 
I buy books quite often, but I made a new rule for myself. And that rule is that I cannot buy more than four/five books per month. The only exception to this rule is when I’m on vacation, a book fair or it’s my birthday! 

Bookstore or online book shopping, which do you prefer?
Both! I love bookstores, but hardcover books are very expensive in bookstores. A hardcover book in the Netherlands is about 20/30 euro’s and on the internet they can be 10/13 euro’s. For hardcover books I prefer online book shopping! 

Do you have a favourite bookstore?
In Amsterdam they have two bookstores I absolutely adore. They are the English Bookstore and the American Bookstore. Love the American bookstore. But the most beautiful bookstore is the Slegte in Maastricht. It’s located in a church! 

Do you pre order books?
No. I haven’t pre ordered a book and probably never will. Well, never say never.

Do you have a monthly book buying limit?
Per month I buy four/five books. I used to buy a lot more per month, but I don’t like having a huge tbr pile. Sticking with four/five books is perfect for me, because I know I’ll read those books.

Book buying bans, are they something for you? 
If I would buy a lot of books per month, probably! 

 How big is your wish list? 
Huge! Gigantic! Lets not talk about it. 

Which three books would you like to own NOW? 
Dark Kiss by Michelle Rowen, Velveteen by Daniel Marks & The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda.


Ivana  – (18 oktober 2012 om 04:44)  

Great answers! Your five/six books rule is reasonable. I enjoy book buying, but I hate the moment when I have to decide which ones are going home with me... :(

Nina  – (18 oktober 2012 om 06:46)  

@Kate: Thank you! :)

@Ivana: Me too! There are just too many books to choose from.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (18 oktober 2012 om 06:54)  

Nice! You go girl!

I'm on a serious budget since I became a stay at home mama. I get most of my books from the library.

:)

....Petty Witter  – (18 oktober 2012 om 07:16)  

Great questions and answers. I'm on a self imposed book buying ban that doesn't include ex-library stock or charity shops and in that way I get to spend less on books and thus don't end up feeling guilty and the money goes to a good cause.

Sabrina  – (18 oktober 2012 om 07:39)  

Woho, it makes me happy that you enjoyed my TAG so much. And of course I like your answers.:)

Nina  – (18 oktober 2012 om 07:42)  

@Juju: Ah! Thanx! Libraries are fun too. I probably wouldn't buy as much books per month if my library had American/English ya books. ;)

@Petty Witter: That's awesome.

@Sabrina: Ah, thank you! And fingers crossed you'll make more tags. :)

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (18 oktober 2012 om 12:04)  

Oh I also want to read the Hunt. Of the 3 it's at the top.

I always put myself on a ban. I don't buy that much, but I'm making myself go library. :)

Blodeuedd  – (18 oktober 2012 om 12:07)  

Ohh I'd love to see the bookstore in the Church

Charlene C  – (18 oktober 2012 om 14:30)  

This is a fun tag! I like reading about how people get books. I don't go to the bookstore as often as I want though since most of the closest one has closed. I really love the idea of having a bookstore in a church!

Nina  – (19 oktober 2012 om 02:15)  

@Melissa: I used to go to the library too, but nowadays I only go for Dutch books or history books. They don't have a lot of YA.

@Blodeudd: :) It's in Maastricht and beautiful.

@Charlene C: I love this tag too! :)

A Canadian Girl  – (19 oktober 2012 om 02:44)  

Lol, my wishlist is humongous too ... and I don't know how I'm going to shorten it!

Nina  – (19 oktober 2012 om 03:14)  

@ A Canadian Girl: :) Huge, right? No idea here!

Mel - Thedailyprophecy.  – (19 oktober 2012 om 06:34)  

Hardbacks are indeed so expensive here! That's why TBD is a gift from heaven <3

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP