This is not a Test by Courtney Summers

This is not a Test by Courtney Summers
Release date:
June, 2012
Pages: 323
Source: Bought

My Feelings:



Description:
It’s the end of the world. Six students have taken cover in Cortege High but shelter is little comfort when the dead outside won’t stop pounding on the doors. One bite is all it takes to kill a person and bring them back as a monstrous version of their former self. To Sloane Price, that doesn’t sound so bad. Six months ago, her world collapsed and since then, she’s failed to find a reason to keep going. Now seems like the perfect time to give up. As Sloane eagerly waits for the barricades to fall, she’s forced to witness the apocalypse through the eyes of five people who actually wantto live. But as the days crawl by, the motivations for survival change in startling ways and soon the group’s fate is determined less and less by what’s happening outside and more and more by the unpredictable and violent bids for life—and death—inside. When everything is gone, what do you hold on to?



My Review:
I’ve only read Cracked Up to Be by Courtney Summers and even though it was all about a serious teen issue I enjoyed it. But, I never picked another book written by Courtney Summers after that book, until now. Why? Well, the cover is awesome! And not only that, but there are zombies in this book. Zombies, people!

Sloane is angry, sad and determined to end her life. Not because the world as she knows it doesn’t exist anymore, but because of something you have to read for yourself. I didn’t really liked any of the characters, but I did cared for them. I wanted them to survive and that they would make it.

The plot was great. Yeah, everybody said it wasn’t really about zombies. But, the whole time the zombies were outside of the building, pounding on the doors and it freaked me out. There were also some scary, intense moments. I thought it was great. It wasn’t about fighting the zombies, but more about the internal struggle. Do they have the will to survive? Are they going to give up? And I loved it. The ending is very open. I did like the way Sloane ended her internal battle for the moment, but seriously wtf happened to these characters? Did they made it?


If there is going to be a sequel for this book, I’m going to read it. I just have too. This is not a Test is awesome! A must read!

Kristin  – (8 oktober 2012 om 05:42)  

I have been wanting to read this one for a while. I like that it isn't just about zombies, it is also about each of the characters surviving a apocolypse. Great review!

Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

Bookworm1858  – (8 oktober 2012 om 06:54)  

I loved that it was more about the characters instead of the zombies-as a big fan of contemporary, that really appealed to me.

....Petty Witter  – (8 oktober 2012 om 08:19)  

Most certainly what I call a day time read, this does sound good but alas would probably give me nightmares.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (8 oktober 2012 om 11:42)  

OMG! I have this one sitting by my bed begging me to pick it up.*pets book* In due time my dear... ;) Oh and now that I know you loved it, I can't wait. Going to read it!!

Blodeuedd  – (8 oktober 2012 om 12:22)  

Oh freaky! I like the sound of it

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (8 oktober 2012 om 12:29)  

Whoa. Sounds good. I would probably be freaked during those parts too. Great review.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (8 oktober 2012 om 17:39)  

I have to say I'm not much of a zombie person myself. Sounds like this one was well done though. :) Thank you.

A Canadian Girl  – (8 oktober 2012 om 22:14)  

This one has been the only Courtney Summers' book I've read but I loved it too. I completely agree that "it [wasn't] about fighting the zombies, but more about the internal struggle."

Elodie  – (9 oktober 2012 om 02:11)  

This sounds soooo scary .. I've actually never read a zombie book because I'm afraid it will scare the hell out of me !! I might try this one though because I really like how it sounds.
Thanks for the great review Nina =).

Nina  – (9 oktober 2012 om 10:18)  

@Kristin: You will love the book! Looking foward hearing your thoughts about the book.

@Bookworm1858: As a fan of contemporary reads, you will adore the book. ADORE.

@Petty Witter: lol! ;)

@Melissa: You'll love the book! LOVE! & ah, at least the book gets a bit of attention. ;)

Lisa (Lost in Literature)  – (10 oktober 2012 om 17:55)  

Can you believe I've never read a book with zombies before! Crazy, I know!! I'm definitely eager to read this one. Great review! :)

YA Book Queen  – (12 oktober 2012 om 07:59)  

Glad that it's more about the characters than the zombies...I'll have to check this one out!

The Readdicts  – (18 oktober 2012 om 03:59)  

I've had This Is Not A Test on my TBR since so long and I have only heard great things about it. I'm gonna try and read it ASAP! Great review, Nina. :)

Sarika @ The Readdicts

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP