Top Ten Books to Get into the Halloween Spirit

The Broke and the Bookish created this weekly feature where bloggers/readers can post their top ten list. 


          Disturbing

  1. Bliss by Lauren Myracle 
    I promise after you read Bliss you won’t be able to sleep at night. This book is so disturbing!
  2. Still Waters by Emma Carlson Berne
    I love Still Waters, but it was really disturbing! Oh man! Super creepy. And lets just say I'll never sleep in a old house in the middle of nowhere. Never!


    Zombies
  3. The Forest of Hand and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
    The best zombie series ever! And yes, I haven’t read the third book, but I love (ADORE) the first two books. I’m 100% sure that the third book will be EPIC. 

  4. This is not a Test by Courtney Summers
    Some scary, intense moments in this book involve zombies. This is not a Test will get you in the mood for Halloween. 



    Witches
  5. The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
    A
    spooky fairy tale. It’s best to read this at night! The better the book.
  6. Bewitching by Alex Flinn
    Bewitching is not a really spooky, scary or creepy book. It’s just fun to read and it’s about a witch named Kendra.


    Ghosts (Haunted)
  7. Deception by Lee Nichols 
    Another series that I still haven’t finished, but the first two books were really nice. They didn’t blew me away, but that doesn’t mean they weren’t readable.
  8. Frost by Marianna Baer
    I love this cover. Love. Even though I expected totally something different from this book, I think it’s perfect for readers who get scared easily. 



    Other creatures! 
  9. The Devouring by Simon Holt
    The Devouring
    is scary! I remember reading it at night and I couldn’t sleep after I read it. I had to sleep with the lights on. It freaked me out!
  10. Necropolis by Anthony Horowitz
    Okay, so I still haven’t picked up the first three books, but the fourth book Necropolis was awesome. Oh men! I didn’t thought this book would be so good, but it was. Amazing! 

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz  – (23 oktober 2012 om 03:52)  

Love how you grouped these! Thank you.

Here's my Ten Ten Books to Get You in the Halloween Spirit. I hope you'll stop in!

Lori  – (23 oktober 2012 om 03:52)  

Oh! I have Still Waters! Maybe I should read it this week. Great list!
My Top Ten

Nina  – (23 oktober 2012 om 04:20)  

@Deb Nance at Readerbuzz: Thanx. :)
I'll stop by.

@Lori: Yeah, def. read it. It's such a great book!

Helène Ouwehand  – (23 oktober 2012 om 04:25)  

Nice list! I'm not really into horror books, so I only know Bewitching. And it's not even scary! ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

Kristin  – (23 oktober 2012 om 04:34)  

I have had The Forest of Hands and Teeth on my list for such a long time, I really need to get around to reading it!

Nina  – (23 oktober 2012 om 04:39)  

@Helene: Bewitching is fun book! I agree not scary at all. But still great for Halloween. I mean, witches. Woohoo. lol.

@Kristin: I hope you´ll love it!

Briana  – (23 oktober 2012 om 05:40)  

We have a few similar picks, so you obv have good taste ;) And I've been meaning to read Simon Holt's series as well as Still Waters.

Good choices!

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (23 oktober 2012 om 05:48)  

Great picks! I have copies of Bliss and Still Waters so really must get to reading them soon! :)

Nina  – (23 oktober 2012 om 06:22)  

@Briana: lol. ;) Woohoo!

@Leanna: Thanx. Hopefully you will love both of the books. They are amazing.

Loni  – (23 oktober 2012 om 06:32)  

I must be the only person who hasn't read The Forest of Hands and Teeth.

Coffee Monster  – (23 oktober 2012 om 06:37)  

I don't know any of these but I'll take them as a TBR guide and and them to the endless list :)

My TTT
*GIVEAWAY*

Kat Balcombe  – (23 oktober 2012 om 06:45)  

This Is Not a Test was SO creepy - a perfect Halloween read!

Great list, I'm off to check them out :-D

Nina  – (23 oktober 2012 om 06:50)  

@Loni: That's okay! I probably am the only person who hasn't read the Hunger games trilogy. ;)lol.

@Coffee Monster: TBR guide! Awesome. Have fun reading the books.

@Kat Balcombe: I loved that book. Amazing read.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (23 oktober 2012 om 07:33)  

Awesome list. Several I should look into to.

Liesel K Hill  – (23 oktober 2012 om 08:12)  

Great list! I'll have to check a few of those out! Thanks for visiting my blog! :D

Christina / Book Addict  – (23 oktober 2012 om 10:05)  

Great list! You have a bunch on here that I still need to check out. The Forest of Hands and Teeth is on my list as well, but that book scared me! I am such a baby when it comes to zombies!

Lauren  – (23 oktober 2012 om 10:17)  

Love your categories! I really want to read both the zombie books - The forest of hands and teeth and This is not a test!

Cecelia  – (23 oktober 2012 om 10:19)  

I haven't read any of the books on this list, though I am planning on checking out This is Not a Test. Thanks for sharing!

Nina  – (23 oktober 2012 om 10:45)  

@Juju: Thanx mate! :)

@Liesel: You're welcome.

@Christina: The Forest of Hands and Teeth scared me too! Super creepy!

@Lauren: I hope you will. They are both great books.

@Cecelia: You'll love it!

Rikki  – (23 oktober 2012 om 10:58)  

I haven't read any of those but I like how you ordered them by theme. Great idea!

Lisa  – (23 oktober 2012 om 12:09)  

Yikes. I haven't read any of these books yet. I used to love scary books but I haven't been in the mood to read them lately. Maybe with Halloween coming up that will change.

Emily  – (23 oktober 2012 om 12:20)  

A creepy Lauren Myracle book? *runs to amazon* Great list! Thanks for stopping by mine! (:

whatsontheshelf  – (23 oktober 2012 om 12:37)  

Great list! The Devouring is now on my TBR and I hope it terrifies me :-) Here is my Top Ten.

Vyki @ On The Shelf
Check out my new meme Cover Crush!

readingdate  – (23 oktober 2012 om 12:59)  

I like how you broke out your list! The disturbing and witches categories caught my eye. Can't wait to read Still Waters and Bliss. Thanks for sharing these spooky reads!

Missie, The Unread Reader  – (23 oktober 2012 om 13:15)  

I guess it's the time of the month to dive into disturbing books, but I don't know if I'd have the guts. LOL

Thanks for the suggestions.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (23 oktober 2012 om 14:30)  

Oh what a great list! I have THis is Not a Test waiting for me to pick it up!

caffeinatedlife  – (23 oktober 2012 om 14:32)  

Great list! I might steer clear of the 'disturbing' section though, not sure if I can handle it ;)

- Li @ rulethewaves.net

Sabina  – (23 oktober 2012 om 15:01)  

Great list. I have This is Not A Test here to read. I might have to read it sooner than later.

Thanks for stopping by my TTT

Sabina @ Delirious About Books

A Canadian Girl  – (23 oktober 2012 om 20:22)  

I've only read The Near Witch. I guess I need to read some of the others :)

Romi  – (23 oktober 2012 om 20:57)  

I haven't read a single one of these books, though I've looked at quote a few! To be honest, I'm not one for a scary read, I'm paranoid enough as it is! Agatha Christie is kind of the limit for me, that and dystopia/post-apocolyptic novels, which are my favourite! I love the way you formatted this list- it's really great! And this is also a great list!

Belle  – (23 oktober 2012 om 22:20)  

I love that you split it up into categories. I've been loving The Walking Dead so I might have to make those zombie books a priority!

Elodie  – (24 oktober 2012 om 02:33)  

The Devouring was soooo creepy !! Great picks ;)

Joanna  – (24 oktober 2012 om 04:31)  

I added the Bewitching series to my list - I love books about witches and this one didn't seem too scary!

....Petty Witter  – (24 oktober 2012 om 06:04)  

Great sounding list, there are several books on it that I have on my wish list.

Amber (Books of Amber)  – (24 oktober 2012 om 08:29)  

I forgot about Deception! I *loved* that book for the creepiness.

The third 'Forest of Hands and Teeth' book is great. I didn't like it as much as I liked the second (which is my favourite of the three) but I loved the somewhat open ending!

Jennifer @ A Librarians Library  – (24 oktober 2012 om 11:17)  

Loved This Is NOt A Test! Such a fantastic read!

And still waters looks really creepy *Added* =)

Thanks for stoppin by my blog this week!

P.S. I LOVE your banner!

thepagesage  – (24 oktober 2012 om 16:07)  

I NEED to read Bliss. I love Lauren Myracle's books. I've heard Victoria Schwab is a fantastic author and I love fairy tales, so The Near Witch is another book I have to check out!

Angela  – (26 oktober 2012 om 04:25)  

Love how you broke down your choices. Still Waters sounds chilling!

Kate  – (26 oktober 2012 om 06:50)  

I've read The Devouring and yeah, its so creepy!

Mel - Thedailyprophecy.  – (29 oktober 2012 om 12:43)  

I freaking LOVE LOVE LOVE The forest of hands and teeth and the last book is SO good. You really need to read it if you loved the first two! It was epic indeed <3

The near witch was great & I liked Bewitching :D Great list!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP