Top Ten Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines

The Broke and the Bookish created this weekly feature where bloggers/readers can post their top ten list.

Jenny Pox from Jenny Pox by J.L. Brian
Well, first of all you don’t want to touch her. And if you do touch her you won’t be around for much longer than a second. Her touch is deadly. Second she doesn’t give up easily. She will fight till the end if it’s necessary.

Hannah
from Still Waters by Emma Carlson Berne
Hannah is smart and can run like no other can. She’s super fast and if she needs to run to get out of a dark, creepy place she will and she’ll make it!

Amy and Phin from Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore .
They are sisters, so I kind of cheated here. But who cares, right? Amy is hilarious, determined and can solve problems with her magic powers. Phin is super smart and is obsessed with science. They are both awesome!

Bryn from Raised by Wolves
She has the best come back lines ever and isn’t scared to follow her own path. She’s one tough cookie and you do not want to mess with her. 

Dru from Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow 
Dru is one of my favourite characters. She can kick butt like no other character can. She’s also very strong, caring and tough. You don’t want to mess with her! She fights every creature you read about, zombies, werewolves and even vampires.

Kate from
Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris 
She fight zombies. Zombies! Kate is strong, quirky and lets be honest a nerd. Which I think is awesome. She’s just super smart and fun.

Madison from Early to Death, Early to Rise by Kim Harrison
Another awesome character. Even though she gets help from two characters I absolutely adore , if there’s trouble and she’s alone she can be very strong. She’s considerate, sweet and now she’s a dark timekeeper. All she ever wanted was to get her body back. She’s strong!

Lily from Firespell by
Chloe Neill 
Lily stands up for what she believes is right. And she doesn’t care that it’s the in-crowd she has to say these things too.

Mary from The Forest of Hand and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
Ready, set, go! That’s how I feel with this character. Mary is mind-set and determined to see the ocean. No Matter What! And I love her courage and her determination to do it. I think with a will power so strong you can do anything.

Megan Berry from You Are So Undead To Me by Stacey Jay
Megan is like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, only change vampire into zombies. When a girl fights zombies, you just have to add her to the list. 

Coffee Monster  – (30 oktober 2012 om 03:24)  

Uh, I don't know (almost) any of these! I have a few books on my TBR pile though so I'll be reading them soon :)

My TTT
*GIVEAWAY*

Lori  – (30 oktober 2012 om 03:45)  

I love that you included Lily and Dru! Those girls don't get enough attention. Great list.

My Top Ten

Joanna  – (30 oktober 2012 om 03:55)  

I don't know any of these heroines or books! Off I go to check them out and add them to my Goodreads list!

Nina  – (30 oktober 2012 om 04:31)  

@Coffee Monster: Read them, you'll adore them. Or at least a couple of them. ;)

@Lori: I agree. And why? They are super fun characters.

@Joanna: Hopefully you'll love the books.

Tanja - Tanychy  – (30 oktober 2012 om 05:10)  

Woha I haven't read any of these books. I need to check them out! Thanks for sharing! :)

Mel - Thedailyprophecy.  – (30 oktober 2012 om 05:47)  

I totally agree with Mary! And if you read the last book, I bet you will find Annah kick-ass too :D

TTT @thedailyprophecy.

Lianne  – (30 oktober 2012 om 06:01)  

Great list! I haven't read any of these books but the characters sound really kick-ass, am going to have to check some of them out =)

Here's my TTT for this week =)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (30 oktober 2012 om 06:24)  

I'm sad I don't know these gals. I better get to reading. Great list.

Elisa  – (30 oktober 2012 om 06:38)  

I only know Mary, but I still need to read the book itself, the forest of hands and teeth. But they're all look very awesome.
Great list!

whyanot  – (30 oktober 2012 om 06:38)  

I've not read any of these! But that's a great thing - more to put on my to-read list. I've heard great things about Jenny Pox.

Rhia Song  – (30 oktober 2012 om 06:39)  

Hello there! As a first-timer book blogger, I have been looking for fellow bibliophiles around the blogosphere wherein I can share some of my lit rants with. :) Currently, I have only two reviews in my Archive: A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks and The Girls' Global Guide to Guys by Theresa Alan.

If you have the time, you can visit my blog at:

http://thesupersinigang.blogspot.com

Thanks a lot! :)

Much Love,

Rhia

Robin Moran  – (30 oktober 2012 om 07:43)  

You've introduced me to some great sounding books here! And a zombie slayer? Hells, yeah! I think I'd enjoy reading that! =D

Bookworm Belle  – (30 oktober 2012 om 08:00)  

These sound great, but I've never heard of any of them! Which book to add to my to-read list.....hmmmm?

Lee @ Rally the Readers  – (30 oktober 2012 om 08:13)  

I really need to read The Forest of Hands and Teeth and Strange Angels. I have to add Jenny Pox to the TBR list, too.

Our TTT

Helène Ouwehand  – (30 oktober 2012 om 08:18)  

I haven't read any of these books! Does that make me a bad person? ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

Stephanie Kaye  – (30 oktober 2012 om 08:48)  

I don't know a few of these. I'm definitely gonna have to check them out!!
xo

Jo  – (30 oktober 2012 om 10:30)  

I don't know most of these (more books to check out) but those I do I agree with, especially Kate in Bad Taste in Boys. She defeats zombies with intelligence; that's just awesome.

Carmen B.  – (30 oktober 2012 om 11:08)  

Wow, I have Jenny Pox on my kindle and Forest of Hands and Teeth on my print pile. After reading your list I really want to dig into them :D Oh and I love Madison <3 I'd considered her but there are just so many amazing heroines to choose from! Many on your list I've never heard of, so thanks for the reading tips and for stopping by my post earlier :)

Blodeuedd  – (30 oktober 2012 om 12:53)  

Lots of kick-ass chicks there :)

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (30 oktober 2012 om 14:56)  

You moved up Jenny Pox on my tbr and You Are So Undead to Me on my wishlist! :D

readingdate  – (30 oktober 2012 om 15:56)  

Such great choices! I saw Jenny Pox on another list and I can't wait to read that one. Strange Angels too looks like a kick-ass book.

Cecelia  – (30 oktober 2012 om 16:18)  

I've heard of most of these books, but I have only read one - I'm sure you've made some great choices. Thank you for sharing your list!

Cassie S.  – (30 oktober 2012 om 17:57)  

I don't have any of these heroines on my list. In fact I'm not sure if I have read any of these books. I will have to look into them.

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier, returning some of the <3.

New Follower

Janus Vielle Aragones  – (30 oktober 2012 om 18:06)  

I haven't read any of these books yet. But I've heard Dru from Strange Angels is totally badass. Same goes with Jenny Pox. ^_^

Thanks for stopping by.
Janus @ The Blair Book Project

Lauren  – (30 oktober 2012 om 19:10)  

I havent read a lot of these books but ohhh Jenny <3 I cannot believe I forgot her - she is amazzzzzing :P

Thanks for stopping by my top ten!

Joie  – (30 oktober 2012 om 20:02)  

Oh my gosh, I was totally going to add Dru to my list too before I realized I'd already hit 10!! That girl is definitely a badass!

Sarah Williams  – (30 oktober 2012 om 20:57)  

Wow, I've not heard of any of these books before, but you are tempting me.

Vicki S.  – (31 oktober 2012 om 00:51)  

Wow! I have not read any of these books yet! I must remedy this soon! I know Firelight has been in my radar for a while...maybe I'll pick it up when I get a free moment ;)

Krystianna  – (3 november 2012 om 16:51)  

I can't believe I haven't read any of these books, though they are all on my wish list. I can't wait to finally read The Forest of Hands and Teeth as well as Jenny Pox. I've heard amazing things about both.

Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP