Top Ten "Older" Books You Don't Want People To Forget About

The Broke and the Bookish created this weekly feature where bloggers/readers can post their top ten list.


1.    Cum Laude by Cecily von Ziegesar
I absolutely enjoyed reading Cum Laude. It’s all about how students deal with their first year of college and away from their parents. I could relate to the experiences the characters had with college & I loved it.

2.    Bloodline by Kate Cary
A vampire book. And before you got “oh no! Another one!”, Bloodline is different and unique. The setting, the characters are all interesting. The vampires in this book are scary. And just thinking about it I don’t know why I haven’t picked up the sequel. Seriously, I should!

3.    Bliss by Lauren Myracle
Bliss was creepy. The evil being in this story is so scary you can’t forget about her after you finish reading the book. It’s just..pfff… perfect for Halloween.

4.    Crave by Melinda Metz & Laura J. Burns
The sequel, Sacrifice,  has come out on the 20th of September & I can’t wait to read it. Crave was fantastic! It’s, yes, a vampire story but super entertaining and again, different. Gabriel is fine! That’s all I’m going to say about him. Crave ended with an evil cliff-hanger. Evil!

5.    Lifted by Wendy Toliver
Lifted is about shoplifting and the consequences of it. Fast paced plot, awesome character names like Poppy and Mary Jane and great descriptions of the thrill they get from shoplifting.

6.    Once Dead, Twice Shy by Kim Harrison
One of my favourite series. It’s fast paced, great addicting plot, kick-ass characters, laugh out loud moments and fantastic covers! Nothing but love!

7.    Poor Little Bitch Girl by Jackie Collins
Poor Little Bitch Girl is my first read by Jackie Collins and oh my, I loved it. All of the characters in this book were fantastic and they had all their own problems to solve. And the solving part came with a lot of drama. This book must not be forgotten!

8.    Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
I read Mrs Dalloway in 2010 when I participated in a challenge to read a couple of her books. The group decided to read Mrs Dalloway first and I joined in. I fell in love with this book. The themes, the characters (my favourite was Lucrezia) the plot, everything was just well described and made me part of the story.

9.    Playing with the Grown Ups by Sophie Dahl
Growing up and realizing that mom isn’t picture perfect. A beautiful, well written coming of age story. Playing with the Grown Ups is a great book that nobody ever should forget.

10. Carrie Pilby by Caren Lissner
I know! Here I go again! Everyone should read this book. It’s fabulous. I think that’s all I’m going to say about this book. Read Carrie Pilby

Judith  – (2 oktober 2012 om 03:09)  

I can't believe I haven't read Cum Laude yet. I've read almost every Gossip Girl/It Girl book! Will definitely read it soon :)

Katja Weinert  – (2 oktober 2012 om 05:11)  

I like the sound of Bliss and Crave :)

Nina  – (2 oktober 2012 om 05:32)  

@Judith: I haven't read the books in the Gossip Girl series, but I love (LOVE) the TV show. ;) You definitely need to read Cum Laude! Such a great book.

@Katja Weinert: Yay!

Mel - Thedailyprophecy.  – (2 oktober 2012 om 06:08)  

I would love to read Crave. Most of the books you've mentioned are unknown for me, so I'm going to check them out! I love the scary sound of Bliss :)

My TTT @thedailyprophecy

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (2 oktober 2012 om 08:04)  

I need to look some of these up. Great list. :)

Lily Child  – (2 oktober 2012 om 08:30)  

Once Dead, Twice Shy was a fun read! :)

PinkPolkaDotMichelle  – (2 oktober 2012 om 10:03)  

Your list is so unique!!! Cum Laude sounds awesome... I love freshman yr college books, they're so few!! Sadly Bliss was a DNF for me, whoever SLL was was really freaking me out!!

Thanks for stopping by my TTT!!

Kat Balcombe  – (2 oktober 2012 om 11:48)  

Shame on me, I haven't read any of these! But I do like the sound of Playing with the Grown Ups.

thepagesage  – (2 oktober 2012 om 12:31)  

I really liked Once Dead, Twice Shy, but I still have to read the other books! I have to read Bliss, too. I love Lauren Myracle and what's better than creepy books around Halloween?

Blodeuedd  – (2 oktober 2012 om 12:33)  

Lol, aye I know you love Lisner ;)

Jessica (The Bluestocking Society)  – (2 oktober 2012 om 12:38)  

Ahhh! I haven't read any of these. But I have been meaning to read something by Wendy Toliver in particular. Perhaps I'll make it LIFTED.

Cecelia  – (2 oktober 2012 om 13:01)  

I can't believe I haven't read Carrie Pilby yet - it's been on my shelf for 2 years now! Great list - thanks for sharing!

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (2 oktober 2012 om 14:31)  

Crave... I need to either re-read it or check out what I said about it. LOL It was so long ago.

~Sara @ Just Another Story  – (2 oktober 2012 om 14:56)  

I don't think that I have heard of any of the books you mentioned. But I am intrigued by a few!

Great list!

Cassie S.  – (2 oktober 2012 om 17:47)  

I have never heard of any of these books. I will definitely have to look into them on my goodreads. They sound interesting.

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier, returning some of the love <3

Michael @ The Bookshelf Review  – (2 oktober 2012 om 19:16)  

I haven't heard of any of these titles. Will have to check some of them out. =] Thanks for sharing and visiting my TT.

Amanda TheBookSlayer  – (2 oktober 2012 om 22:13)  

Great List. I have read a few and others are going on my TBR List. Thanks for stopping by my page. Hope you had a great Tuesday.

Sydney  – (2 oktober 2012 om 22:25)  

It's been such a long time since I've read Crave. I hope I remember enough when the sequel comes out!

Elodie  – (3 oktober 2012 om 01:34)  

I haven't read any of these books but I'll check them out for sure ;). Thanks Nina

Jess (Gone with the Words)  – (3 oktober 2012 om 07:51)  

Great list! I hadn't heard of a few of these, but I'll definitely be looking them up now. :D

Nina  – (5 oktober 2012 om 03:16)  

@PinkPolkaDotMichelle: Freaked me out too. Creepy!

@Blodeuedd: lol! I keep recommending that book to everyone! :) I'll never stop.

@


Merin  – (5 oktober 2012 om 23:52)  

Your list is entirely new to me; I haven't read any of them! Some of them sound really interesting, though, so I think my TBR pile just got larger!

Thanks for stopping by my TTT and sorry for the late reply!

Randi M  – (7 oktober 2012 om 11:37)  

I really need to reread Mrs. Dalloway. I hated it in college, but there are so many books that I was TAUGHT that I think I would enjoy much more on my own. :) And Bliss sounds awesome! I definitely need to get a copy of that. Great list!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP