2013: A New Year...

Looking back on 2012, my resolutions & goals were:

Do a monthly update. 

I did! At the end of each month (well, not for November) I wrote a monthly update and posted it on the blog. I loved doing this and I'm going to do this again in 2013. I'am going to change the post a bit. I will start with this again in January 2013. 

Write reviews in the same week as you finish reading the book.
Uhm, yeah I didn't do well with this resolution. I forgot & at times I was sitting in front of my laptop and I couldn't find the words.


Write notes in notebook. 
Failed big time! 


Participate in one meme.
I participated in the Top Ten Tuesday meme & I had a lot of fun writing those lists. This is one meme I'm going to continue to do in 2013. 


Read all the books that I bought in 2011.
I thought I did & then my father gave me a box with *forgotten* books. I totally forgot about that box. So, NO! Failed again. 


Change my blog layout.
Yes! That has 
happend & I'm super happy with the look of J'adore Happy Endings. If I end up with 700-800 followers I probably will change it again. 


Enjoy life.
There were times that I had a lot of stress, but looking back I adored the first half of 2012. I was stressing in the summer, loved life again when I got my job & then kind of got in a rut. A lot of up and downs. Especially with reading!  


Here are my
New Year's Resolutions for 2013:

1. Participate in weekly meme.
2. Complete the challenges I join. (Don't give up!)
3. Blog every week.
4. Read one YA book per week. (Read more)
5. Read the Harry Potter series.
6. Only buy books that I want to read & think I will adore.
7. The TBR pile must be under 11 books. 


I think I need to explain myself with resolution number five. Yes, I, Nina, only have read the first book in the Harry Potter series. No, I haven't forgot the promise I made. And I feel sad and sorry that I have dissapointed you. So, I won't make any promises again about the Harry Potter books. But, I will try and read the rest of the Harry Potter books. I'll try! That's all I can do. 

A Canadian Girl  – (31 december 2012 12:45)  

I always fail at my challenges, Nina. I'm hoping that I'll successfully complete the ones I participate in this year. Third time's the charm, right?

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (31 december 2012 15:37)  

I love this layout! :)

I feel you on the one meme. That's a great idea.

Blodeuedd  – (1 januari 2013 01:20)  

I try to write at once cos even 2 days later I am lost for words

Maji Bookshelf  – (1 januari 2013 01:52)  

haha lol at your dad getting you that "forgotten" box! hahaha! Hopefully youll be able to complete your goals!! :D and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
- Farah @ MajiBookshelf

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (1 januari 2013 12:04)  

Looks like some good goals. You didn't do bad on last years goals. Hidden boxes don't count.

Have a great new year!

Charlene C  – (2 januari 2013 00:00)  

Some great resolutions! Good luck -especially with finishing those wonderful Harry Potter books. :)

Katja Weinert  – (2 januari 2013 04:54)  

Great resolutions...especially keeping the list of TBR books down. I'm going to try to tackle all my unread books this year.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP