Challenges - 2013

In 2012 I didn’t participated in any big challenges. Yes, I did participated in the Goodread challenge to read 50 books, but other than that nothing. This year I’m having my own personal challenge *Back Up 2013* (More on that in January) and I’m participating in the All About Middle Grade Challenge hosted by The Haunting of Orchid Forsythia.

There are three challenge levels and I’ve decided to challenge myself big time. My goal is to read 1-10 middle grade books and therefore the level I’m participated in is Master of all that is Middle Grade. Awesome!

The challenge will run from January the 1st through December the 31st of 2013.

The Books:
Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu
Cabinet of Earths, The by Anne Nesbet
Considine Curse, The by Gareth P. Jones
Destiny Rewritten by Kathryn Fitzmaurice
Doll Bones by Holly Black
Humming Room, The by Ellen Potter
Juniper Berry by M.P. Kozlowsky
Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger
Kneebone Boy, The by Ellen Potter
Liesl and Po by Lauren Oliver
Nowhere Girl by A.J. Paquette
Splinders by Lauren Oliver
Sinister Sweetness of Splendid Academy, The by Nikki Loftin
Tuesdays at the Castle by Jessica Day George

As you can tell there are more then ten books on the list. To be exact four extra books. These are the books that I want to read, but my goal is still ten books. So if I fail to read all of the books on the list, but I did read ten of them I still accomplished my goal of ten.


And I´m also participating in the Dystopian Reading Challenge
I can hear you thinking ‘Is she mad? Another challenge? Has she forgotten all about the previous years?’ Yes, yes, I know! I probably have gone mental, but 2013 is a new year, new opportunities. And if a new opportunity knocks on your door, you hand her chair and a cup of tea. When I looked at my to be read list of 2012 I saw that there were quite a few (maybe not a lot, but who’s counting?) books that are dystopia reads. So why not participate in a challenge about dystopia books? We all know (well, my readers) that I’m not properly introduced to this new genre. There aren’t a lot of dystopian books on my shelves and I want to change that. I want to get to know this genre better and maybe even fall in love with it. I don’t know, it could happen. Right? 



The dystopia reading challenge is hosted by Ula of Blog of Erised and there are four levels.
I can hear you alright. You don’t have to shout. I’m not going to aim for the highest level. No, no I’m taking it easy. I’m going for level 1 recruit. (1 to 6 books) My goal is to read 6 dystopian books. If I read all six books, I´m going to level 2 and my goal will be to read 4 books of the after list (down!).

The *Must Read* Books:
Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggiari
Breathe by Sarah Crossan
Dearly Departed by Lia Habel
Hunt, The by Andrew Fuduka
Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
Lost Code, The by Kevin Emerson

The *After * Books:
Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Eve by Anna carey
Eve and Adam by Michael Grant & Katherine Applegate
Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin
Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza
Pledge, The by Kimberly Derting

Renegade by J.A. Souders
Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi 


Wish me luck & on this page(click) you can find my monthly progress. All there’s left for me to do is to go online and some books. Oh happy times! 

Mel@Thedailyprophecy.  – (29 december 2012 om 15:25)  

Good luck! I went crazy with participating for next year, but who cares. I will try my best and have fun :D

Ula (Blog of Erised)  – (30 december 2012 om 01:06)  

Thanks for joining us! Have a great time :)

Nina  – (31 december 2012 om 05:52)  

@Mel@Thedailtyprophecy: Thank you! :) Have fun with your challenges.

@Ula: Thank you. I won't give up. lol.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP