End of Year Survey - 2012


The End of Year survey was made by Jamie from The Perpetual PageTurner! On her blog you can check out more filled in surveys from other bloggers. Lets get started, shall we. 

Best In Books 2012

1. Best Book You Read In 2012? (You can break it down by genre if you want)

Lets break it down genres, because if I don’t I probably I can’t choose.
Fantasy: Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
Contemporary: My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick & From What I Remember by Stacey Kramer & Valerie Thomas
Dystopia: A Million Suns by Beth Revis
Paranormal: Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore 

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Frost by Marianna Baer. I was super excited to read Frost. The cover and description of the book looks and sounds pretty creepy, but the whole story was a let-down. I wanted to love the book, but unfortunately it wasn’t for me. 

3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012? 
Love you, Hate you, Miss you by Elizabeth Scott. As you may or may not know I’m not a big fan of stories that has to deal with heavy (teen) issues. But, I never read anything written by Elizabeth Scott and I kept hearing such good things about her books. Not only that, but the book was also recommend to me. From the first couple of pages the story surprised me and I fell for it. It was so good. I ended up loving the book. 

4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
This is such an easy question to answer. In 2011 and 2012 I recommend to most people the book that is one of my favourites: Carrie Pilby by Carrie Lissner.

5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood & Prophecy of the Most Beautiful by Diantha Jones. Those are both the first book in a new series. Born Wicked is about witches and Prophecy of the Most Beautiful about Greek Myths. 

6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
Jessica Spotswood (Born Wicked), Diantha Jones (Prophecy of the Most Beautiful), Elizabeth Scott (Love you, Hate you, Miss you), Alex Flinn (Bewitching) and many more authors. 

7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Love you, Hate you, Miss you by Elizabeth Scott. Out of my comfort zone are books that deal with teen issues and I mean heavy teen issues. 
Love you, Hate you, Miss you really surprised me and I enjoyed reading it. There’s a big chance that in 2013 you will see a couple of reviews of books in this genre.

8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
A Million Suns by Beth Revis. The best sequel ever. I loved this book and when I started to read it I couldn’t put it down. So, so good. 

9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:
If there’s time I want to reread The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I absolutely adored the book. I still haven’t seen the movie, but I’m for sure going to the cinemas in January. 

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?
I can’t choose between Born Wicked & Tempest.



11. Most memorable character in 2012? 
Amy & her sister Phin from Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore. Amy is one cool chick. She’s sarcastic, doesn’t want to get involved with magic and very determined. I liked her a lot. Phin, the older sister of Amy, is very smart, beautiful without really knowing it, and is obsessed with experimenting and science. She’s fun, I love the comments she made and the serious tone she had. She didn’t do sarcasm at all. 

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein. Such an emotional, beautiful written book. 

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012? 
Love you, Hate you, Miss you by Elizabeth Scott. It was sad and heavy, but I loved that the main character got strength enough to forgive her best friend and started living again.

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read?
Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. I loved it, but all these new books came out and I totally forgot to order the next two books in the series. Shame on me! 

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012? 
I don’t write favourite quotes or passages from books down, so I forgot. 

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012?
Shortest: Nette by Barbara Rayne (162 pages) 
Longest: From What I Remember by Stacey Kramer & Valerie Thomas (462 pages)

17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? 
The cliff-hanger of A Million Suns by Beth Revis was a what the heck, why isn’t there a third book out moment. It was freaking awesome and frustrating at the same time. Also every time when the main character of Frost by Marianna Baer climbed into her closet I wanted to yell at her and tell everyone I know this chick is f*cked up.

18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
Amy and Elder from A Million Suns by Beth Revis, who else? 

19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read Previously
The Dead-Tossed Waves 
by Carrie Ryan. One of my favourite zombie series. I still need to read the third and last book, but I’m super excited for it. 

20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
Crush Control by Jennifer Jabaley. 

Tomorrow I will post the third part of her survey called Looking Back

Marce  – (29 december 2012 om 07:53)  

Happy Holidays Nina. Many have me intrigued by Code Name Verity, I may try it next year.

Nina  – (29 december 2012 om 08:00)  

@Marce: I hope you will, it's a really a great book. :)
Happy Hollidays to you too. ;)

Joanna  – (29 december 2012 om 10:44)  

Code Name Verity is on so many lists, I can't wait to read it! Elizabeth Scott sounds intriguing. Happy New Year!

Blodeuedd  – (29 december 2012 om 13:44)  

Good books :D I should some of them

Nina  – (31 december 2012 om 05:53)  

@Joanna: Thank you!

@Blodeuedd: Thank you. :)

@Juju: Wasn't it fantastic?

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP