A Midsummer’s Nightmare by Kody Keplinger

A Midsummer’s Nightmare by Kody Keplinger
Release date:
June, 2012
Pages: 304
Source: Bought

My Feelings:



Description:
Whitley Johnson's dream summer with her divorcé dad has turned into a nightmare. She's just met his new fiancée and her kids. The fiancée's son? Whitley's one-night stand from graduation night. Just freakin' great.

Worse, she totally doesn't fit in with her dad's perfect new country-club family. So Whitley acts out. She parties. Hard. So hard she doesn't even notice the good things right under her nose: a sweet little future stepsister who is just about the only person she's ever liked, a best friend (even though Whitley swears she doesn't "do" friends), and a smoking-hot guy who isn't her stepbrother...at least, not yet. It will take all three of them to help Whitley get through her anger and begin to put the pieces of her family together.


My Review:
Last year I’ve read so many great contemporary books that it was impossible to choose a favourite. And I think this year is going to be the same. The first contemporary book of the year is A Midsummer's Nightmare and it's already high in the top five I'm going to make.

Whitley is a young girl, troubled and angry. I understood her angriness towards her dad. I didn’t like him either. He was selfish and he didn’t know how to be a father. I loved the secondary characters too. The stepmom, the little sister and of course Nate. Nate was fun to read about. Totally swoon worthy. He is protective, kind and understanding. I liked him a lot.

The plot is really great and highly addictive. I read A Middsummer’s Nightmare in one sitting!
The boy is worth gushing about, the chemistry between Whitley and Nate is hot, the main character is relatable and I’m just super happy that I read this book!


I highly recommend A Midsummer’s Nightmare! It’s a must read! 

....Petty Witter  – (31 januari 2013 om 04:41)  

Great review. I don't like the cover though as it to me it suggests that this was a summer beach read.

Bookworm1858  – (31 januari 2013 om 06:19)  

I really loved this book too-Keplinger writes such great contemporaries and Nathan is such a good book boy!

Lisa  – (31 januari 2013 om 07:25)  

I liked this one too. I think the book went deeper than I was expecting it too so that was an added bonus.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (31 januari 2013 om 12:18)  

Hm... I admit I wasn't drawn to this one, but I rarely am anymore to YA contemps... however, every time I come here and you have one, I'm so tempted. I do think I'm going to add this one to the wishlist! See what you do to me! :D

Christina / Book Addict  – (31 januari 2013 om 15:36)  

Great review! This sounds like something I'd enjoy at the beach this summer. I will have to get my hands on a copy.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (31 januari 2013 om 18:05)  

Great to hear you enjoyed it so. And the title reminds me of a play on words. :) Thank you.

Emma - Boekenzee  – (1 februari 2013 om 04:26)  

Hahaha! Okay you had me with the blurb XD Sounds so great!

Joanna  – (1 februari 2013 om 09:51)  

Sounds like fun! I need books like this in my life - ones that are totally addictive and FUN.

Braine TS  – (1 februari 2013 om 12:08)  

THe cover art hints as much. Happy weekend!

Lee @ Rally the Readers  – (2 februari 2013 om 21:03)  

Goodreads recommended this to me recently, and I've been wondering whether or not to add it to my TBR list. After reading your review, I think I will!

GABY  – (3 februari 2013 om 08:41)  

I didn't really thought about reading this book but sounds great!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP