Dutch Cover Alert

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.



The Netherlands (Trilogy in one book -left) – The United States (All three books -above)


The Dutch cover doesn’t stand out for me. It’s a girl looking at me. Not that interesting. I do like the background, the flowers are really nice. The American covers aren’t really interesting either. They are beautiful, but they are close-ups from a girls face. They could be advertisements for earrings. I have to be honest: the second cover is weird. The girl looks like a character from Avatar (the movie). No good! 

Would you pick the Dutch book or the books with the American cover?

Emma - Boekenzee  – (2 januari 2013 04:43)  

I think the dutch cover is mysterious though. It has a very 'outside' and nature feeling. I am not sure what this series is about. But if it is about werewolves I think the atmosphere is better then the american ones.

Blodeuedd  – (2 januari 2013 07:10)  

Yes the Dutch cover is really boring

YA Book Queen  – (2 januari 2013 09:49)  

I'm not really into any of the covers. Totally agree about the US ones, they do look like they could be selling earrings! :)

Lectus Read  – (2 januari 2013 10:32)  

I prefer the Dutch cover. The other ones are too photoshopped. The Dutch cover seems more real.

Alise (Readers In Wonderland)  – (2 januari 2013 11:55)  

I agree with you saying the Dutch cover doesn't stand out. I don't LOVE the American covers but I kind of understand how they fit the story. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (2 januari 2013 12:09)  

The US covers look like they have some PNR element to it, but the Dutch cover looks more contemporary. Nope, I'll chose the US one despite the Avatar looking one. ;)

Mel@Thedailyprophecy.  – (2 januari 2013 13:47)  

I don't really like any of the covers, but if I have to pick I will go for the Dutch one. And that is rare, because most of the time I can't stand them.

Mel@thedailyprophecy.

Lauren  – (2 januari 2013 17:40)  

The dutch one seems like something I've seen before. I like the US covers with the exception of the second one (you're right about the avator part!). They're not espeically amazing though.

Cari  – (2 januari 2013 21:00)  

I have to go with the US.I like the first cover better than the other two.

I don't think I like that in the Netherlands cover the model is looking up so you can see in her nose and if that's not weird enough she's staring at you.

Lily Child  – (3 januari 2013 00:08)  

Hmmm...they're both good, but I think I like the US covers better!

Maji Bookshelf  – (3 januari 2013 01:03)  

For me, def american. The dutch cover makes it look like its a happy books.. not very scary!
- Farah @ MajiBookshelf

Maji Bookshelf  – (3 januari 2013 01:03)  
Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.
Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (3 januari 2013 18:58)  

The Dutch cover makes it look more like a sad drama.

Mrs. Jones  – (4 januari 2013 11:42)  

Hmmm. i do like the flowers in the Dutch cover. And I SO agree about the US covers, that they could be earring advertisements!!
None of the covers are that unique.
They are all pretty though, but nothing special

-Theresa Jones

....Petty Witter  – (7 januari 2013 09:25)  

I can't say why but I actually prefer the cover of the Dutch trilogy. Good luck with your bloggy resolutions - I'd like to participate in a weekly meme as well as its been a while.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP