Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter

Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter
Release date:
March, 2012
Pages: 296
Source: Bought

My Feelings:



Description:
Kate Winters has won immortality. But if she wants a life with Henry in the Underworld, she'll have to fight for it.Becoming immortal wasn't supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she's as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he's becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate's coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.

As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.

Henry's first wife, Persephone.

My Review:
After reading the Goddess Test I was very happy that I bought the sequel as well.  And because I didn’t really loved the first book my expectations for this book were low. But, OMG I was so wrong about this book. 


Goddess Interrupted is better than the first book, way better and I ended up loving it.
Kate is still Kate, but immortal. She’s strong, but still insecure. She isn’t sure if Henry loves her the way she loves him. She held it all in and it was frustrating to read. I wanted her to get angry and just lash it all out on him and when that moment finally happened I was so happy. It did take a long time for her to finally snap, but when she did I thought she deserved an applause. Henry, oh my, he’s mysterious and always in a bad mood. I know he has other, more important (life threating) things on his mind. But, he could have said something to Kate. Something more than what she calls logical explanations for her to stay. I do like him better than in the first book, but I don’t like his actions.

The plot is awesome! The underworld and the journey to get to Persephone were really intense to read about. And the drama surrounding Persephone was fun. I love drama. The ending has an amazing cliff-hanger and I can’t wait to get my hands on the third book.

The Goddess Test series:
The, Goddess Test
Goddess Interrupted
The, Goddess Inheritance 

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (10 januari 2013 12:33)  

Yea... I was never a total fan of Henry. I love/hate that character. What is sad is that he has such potential! However, I love Kate. Great review!

Teddyree  – (10 januari 2013 17:23)  

Ooh better than the 1st book ... I'm in! Thanks for great review :)

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (10 januari 2013 17:51)  

Oh, so glad to hear the second one is better. I bought the first one as I got the second in the mail (not sure how I won it) but I have them and the novella as it was free one day. I look forward to reading these. :) Thank you!

Kristin  – (10 januari 2013 19:38)  

I loved the first two books of the series and I got an arc of the last book, the ending had me dying!

Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

A Canadian Girl  – (10 januari 2013 21:24)  

I didn't really like The Goddess Test so haven't read the sequel yet but I've heard it gets better. I may have to give this series another chance.

Nina  – (11 januari 2013 06:16)  

@Melissa: I hope my feelings towards Henry changes. Seriously! Someone should shake him, yell at him or hit him.

@Teddyree: You're welcome.

@Melissa: Yay for winning the book. I love winning books. Have fun reading the book. I'm looking forward to your thoughts.

@Kristin: I can't wait to read the third book. Yeah, the ending was amazing.

@A Canadian Girl: The second book is really better than the first, but Henry is still Henry. At times very irritating.

Andrea  – (11 januari 2013 09:21)  

I started this once but didn't make it very far. I liked the first one fine as I recall but I wasn't in the mood for it. I will have to try again.

Nina  – (12 januari 2013 03:04)  

@Andrea: I hate when that happens. I hope you'll try again soon and like it. ;)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP