Recommendation: Oracle of Delphi Series


What! Another post on Friday? Yep, I’m not done yet. The last two years I recommended a book (you know which one, it starts with a C. No? Carrie Pilby! Now you do. Right?) and in 2013 I want to do this again, but with series. And why not start with a great one: The Oracle of Delphi. I've read the first two books, Prophecy of the Most Beautiful & Prophecy of the Setting Sunrise, both awesome books and the third book is in June! And how excited am I? EXCITED AND I JUST CAN"T HIDE IT, I"M ABOUT TO LOSE CONTROLE. :) The characters, the romance, the plot, J'adore it. This series has it all. Anyways, here's the description (third book): 


Summer Solstice is here. Let the games begin.
Nothing but lies (some of them her own) and deceit have brought Chloe to Olympus for the Solstice Olympic Games. As the Oracle and the special guest of the King of Myth, Chloe becomes immersed in a life of unfathomable luxury, taunting history, and overwhelming excitement. Though scheming and untrustworthy, the gods remain on their best behavior as the tension and anticipation builds around the outcome of the Quest of the Twelve Labors, the deadliest competition of the Games. All seems well on the celestial front...until athletes start turning up dead and a philosopher missing for months returns with a most terrifying story...
But that’s not all.
As Strafford confronts his troubled past and more is learned about the Great Unknown Prophecy, Chloe grows close to another, setting off a chain of events that will bring her face-to-face with a truth that will rock both of her worlds to their core. And it’ll all happen before Solstice’s end...

Diantha Jones
Goodreads| Facebook | Website

Joanna  – (18 januari 2013 13:53)  

Anything to do with a solstice and prophecies and I'm tempted!

Nina  – (19 januari 2013 04:40)  

@Joanna: Glad to hear that! And you should really read this series. It's amazing. Especially the characters. They are fabulous. Especially Ace. :)

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (21 januari 2013 11:29)  

"...but I think you'd like it..." Okay, not exactly the lyrics, but I'm blaming you for putting that in my head. :)

Looks like something I'd enjoy and need to read!

YA Book Queen  – (21 januari 2013 13:35)  

Sounds like an intriguing series. I'll try to check it out :)

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (22 januari 2013 13:12)  

These sound very cool! Thank you for sharing!

Katja Weinert  – (23 januari 2013 05:30)  

Sounds like a great series, and one I've not heard of before so thanks for sharing, Nina :)

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (23 januari 2013 17:48)  

Ooo, these are new to me. And doooo sounds so good. :D Thanks for the rec!

Maji Bookshelf  – (26 januari 2013 16:47)  

This sounds like an awesome series!! and they're new to me too! I also love the covers! Thanks so much for the recommendation!
- Farah @ MajiBookshelf

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP