Top Ten Settings I'd Like To See More Of

Yep, I know! It's Wednesday, but one day late isn't that bad. Right? *looking shamefully away*

The Broke and the Bookish created this weekly feature where bloggers/readers can post their top ten list.


1.In bookstores. Who doesn’t love bookstores? Everyone! Well, I hope so. A story with a setting in a bookstore would be fantastic.

2. In space.
Thinking about Amy & Elder in a spaceship. In space. Loved it. More, please.

3. The jungle.
Something like the show Terra Nova with dinosaurs and lots of forest.

4. Middle Earth.
Okay, so we have the ring trilogy and the Hobbit (and a couple more books), but damn Middle Earth is epic.

5. Havana, Cuba.
I adore Cuba! The culture, the people, the history. Stories that take place in Cuba I would read.

6. Cairo, Egypt.
Same as five!
J

7. Paris, France.
Paris is the city of love. A story with a setting like Paris is fantastic. J Me want!

8. In a Museum.
There are a lot of them and getting lost in a huge museum or things coming alive (Night at the Museum is one of my favourite movies!) would be cool. Wouldn’t it?

9. On stage. I don’t think I have read a lot of books with this setting. Probably just one. Places, spotlight on and go!

10. In Narnia! Or at Hogwarts. The magical feeling of these places makes me want to read more stories with these settings.
 
 

Lisa  – (23 januari 2013 om 07:13)  

Great places. The Jungle would be awesome. I can just imagine having to survive amongst poisonous species and deadly animals. It would surely be a bestseller.

Christina / Book Addict  – (23 januari 2013 om 07:38)  

Great list! I agree with Paris and some of your fantasy locations. I would also love to read a book that takes place in Cuba--good idea!

YA Book Queen  – (23 januari 2013 om 08:38)  

I definitely agree with 1, 2, 5, 6, 8, and 10!

Fabulous top ten :)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (23 januari 2013 om 09:24)  

Which reminds me a of a book I recently put on my TBL (to be listened to) list. http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15949013-everyone-leaves

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (23 januari 2013 om 12:09)  

You know, that is true... you need more books in the setting of a bookstore! Perfect!! I also love the other suggestions, but that is my fave. :)

Katja Weinert  – (23 januari 2013 om 12:53)  

super places, more Egypt, Hogwarts and space especially :)

Missie, The Unread Reader  – (23 januari 2013 om 13:36)  

I can't get enough of that magical feeling that a book setting can take you to.

A Canadian Girl  – (23 januari 2013 om 16:50)  

Fantastic places, Egypt and Paris are places I want to see more of too. Space ... maybe not so much because usually those are sci-fi type stories, a genre I don't really read.

....Petty Witter  – (24 januari 2013 om 06:27)  

Yeah, I'm with you on so many of these. Great selection, I'm particularly with you on Museums, Middle Earth and Egypt.

(: Isa :)  – (26 januari 2013 om 09:13)  

A story that takes place in a bookstore? Yes! Now that sounds like it would be a hit.

I want a story in Egypt that is set in present times or at least within the last century. Any book I've read has been set in the age of the pyramids, but it isn't like Egypt didn't exist during other time periods.

Fairly awesome list, Nina! Maybe I will be inspired enough to write my own short story in some of these places!

Jillian  – (29 januari 2013 om 02:52)  

I always like it when books are set in bookstores! Something so magical about them. ALSO, I love your new layout!! Haven't been here in a while.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP