Dutch Cover Alert

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.

The Netherlands – The United States

I adore the US cover, but damn the Dutch cover is cool as well. I love that the girl is wearing some kind of "mask". And I like that they kept birds on the Dutch cover. I don't like the location of the word 'bestemming', which btw means destination. Not a big fan of the background colour, white!
The US cover is awesome. I love the colour. The purple is really beautiful. I also like the earrings of the girl. They remind me of dream catchers. Adore the background, the birds, the trees. Yes, love it. It's simple, but awesome.

Would you pick the Dutch or American cover?


Christina / Book Addict  – (20 februari 2013 09:33)  

Ohh. This is tough. I really like both, but I am going to have to go with the US cover b/c I really like the background color a bit more.

Mel@Thedailyprophecy  – (20 februari 2013 10:04)  

Again, like always, I go for the US cover. The colors, the earrings, the birds (and how they seem to fly out of her hair). I don't like that the Dutch cover is so white.

Emma - Boekenzee  – (20 februari 2013 10:31)  

I would take the dutch cover with the purple background of the US one. Is that possible? ;)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (20 februari 2013 11:13)  

I'm thinking the US. The other is cool but it makes me think Venetian costume ball.

Blodeuedd  – (20 februari 2013 11:57)  

The Dutch cover is way too weird for me

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (20 februari 2013 12:00)  

I think if the colors were changed (the background and the purple) I think I would like the Dutch cover. However, as it is, I'd have to vote for the US cover. Love those earrings. :D

Cari  – (20 februari 2013 16:03)  

This is a hard one but I have to go with the US

fredamans  – (20 februari 2013 19:54)  

I love the US cover and have read that copy! I loved the book. So much so, the birds on each chapter I'd like tattooed.

Lola Reading  – (21 februari 2013 05:27)  

Hmmmm...in this case, I like the US cover more! :)

Sugar and Snark  – (21 februari 2013 09:15)  

I would have to go with the US one!

Jen Witch  – (21 februari 2013 11:37)  

I like the US cover, which is funny because normally I look overseas covers better

Jen Witch  – (21 februari 2013 11:37)  

I like the US cover, which is funny because normally I look overseas covers better

Katja Weinert  – (21 februari 2013 15:14)  

Love the dream-catcher earrings on the US cover...I love earrings so the US wins :)

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (21 februari 2013 17:31)  

Does the mask relate to the story? I've not read the books so I don't know. But I do like the American cover. :)

Emma  – (22 februari 2013 02:59)  

My gut reaction is that the Dutch cover is better, but the more I look, the more I like the U.S cover. I think because everything is out there on the Dutch cover, whereas with the U.S you have to look closer to see more detail. Like the birds emerging from her hair! Love the earings, too!

....Petty Witter  – (22 februari 2013 07:23)  

Ooh, the US cover is lovely though I quite like the Dutch cover as well.

elena  – (22 februari 2013 15:23)  

I think I would pick the US cover but like you said, they're both pretty cool. I love the purple in the US.

Jenny N.  – (22 februari 2013 18:27)  

I like the US cover too for all the reasons you listed :)

Chyna  – (23 februari 2013 00:20)  

OMG! A diff language LOL great answer I love the cover

New GFC follower
http://lite-rate-ture.blogspot.com/2013/02/feature-and-follow_22.html#links

YA Book Queen  – (24 februari 2013 14:41)  

I'm loving the US cover more (the shades of purple are lovely), but I really like the Dutch one too.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP