Dutch Cover Alert

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.


The Netherlands – The United States


Both of the covers don't stand out for me. I like the font they used for the title and on the Dutch cover they added the sentence 'Soul of Fire'. I like that. I like that on the Dutch cover the girl has 'scales' on her arm. I like that too, because it gives me the impression that the book could be about a girl that can transform into a ... dragon. And only because of that reason I prefer the Dutch cover.

Would you pick the Dutch or American cover? 

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (27 februari 2013 om 10:26)  

Oooh, the Dutch cover is pretty cool. I hadn't seen it before. I like the original US covers too, though. They changed the UK covers to something kind of ugly.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Firelight-ebook/dp/B004P5PPDI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361989550&sr=8-1

I don't know why they did that.

Lisa  – (27 februari 2013 om 10:33)  

I like the Dutch cover. It is more interesting with the fire and not being able to see her face. The US one is kind of bland.

Mel@Thedailyprophecy  – (27 februari 2013 om 10:38)  

I think this is the first time I pick the Dutch cover. Like you said, I like the scales on her arm and the small fire on her shoulder. I don't like faces on the cover, so her perspective is more interesting + I like the background.

Mel@thedailyprophecy.

Jenny N.  – (27 februari 2013 om 10:50)  

I think both covers are pretty similar. I like that both have dragon scales so that at first glance you know there is more to the girl than meets the eye.

Christina / Book Addict  – (27 februari 2013 om 11:16)  

I really like the Dutch cover. I think it captures the story really well.

Blodeuedd  – (27 februari 2013 om 12:16)  

I usually like faces but I kind of like that we do not see it on the Dutch one. pretty that way

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (27 februari 2013 om 12:27)  

i do like the Dutch cover, but I've loved the US one and so I stick with it. :)

Cindy  – (27 februari 2013 om 12:54)  

I like the Dutch cover best! It's more eye catching, I think :)

elena  – (28 februari 2013 om 21:50)  

Hm! I don't know which one I would pick. Like you, I like that the scales give an indication of what the book is about in the Dutch cover while the scales are much more subtle in the US. I think it's a toss up for me.

....Petty Witter  – (1 maart 2013 om 07:45)  

Both are OK but I prefer the Dutch.

....Petty Witter  – (3 maart 2013 om 03:40)  

Knowing your love of these Cover Alert posts you might be interested in this UK V US post in which you get a mention.

http://pettywitter.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/not-one-to-judge-book-by-its-uk-or-us.html

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (7 maart 2013 om 17:27)  

Oooh, now I don't think I can decide which I like best. Each brings a different element to the image. Wow.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP