The Eddie Dickens trilogy by Philip Ardagh

The Eddie Dickens trilogy by Philip Ardagh
Release date: August, 2011
Pages: 448
Source: Faber & Faber publishing house

My Feelings:



Description:
When Eddie Dickens's parents go yellow, crinkly around the edges and smell of old hot-water bottles, he's sent away to live with Mad Uncle Jack, Even Madder Aunt Maud and her stuffed stoat called Malcolm ...
And so begins a series of outrageous adventures involving escaped convicts, missing jewels, cucumber-waving orphans, and a hollow cow called Marjorie.

My Review:
There are three books in The Eddie Dickens trilogy, Awful End, Dreadful Acts & Terrible Times. And all three of them are hilarious & awesome.

The characters are fabulous and middle graders will adore all of them. Eddie is the main character and he’s so sweet. He’s very caring and likes adventures. Mad Uncle Jack and his wife Madder Aunt Maud are crazy. Seriously, insane, but very funny in their actions. Eddie is also very patient, because I would lose my wits around Madder Aunt Maud. Eddie’s parents don’t play a big role in the first book, but I quite like them. They are both just as insane as the uncle and aunt.

All three of the adventures are fantastic & some scenes are laugh out loud funny. It was impossible to put the book down, even for a couple of minutes.

If you like middle grade books, read The Eddie Dickens trilogy

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (25 februari 2013 om 08:27)  

Looks and sounds way cute. I love the cover.

Jenny N.  – (25 februari 2013 om 09:55)  

Sounds great! I remember this series and can't believe its been over 10 years since it came out.

Brandi Kosiner  – (25 februari 2013 om 12:12)  

Eddie sounds sweet and easy to read about. I like the sound of the laugh out loud part and Glad you enjoyed!
Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (25 februari 2013 om 12:28)  

How adorable! This looks like great gift material! Total win for the laughter!

Charlene C  – (25 februari 2013 om 17:29)  

So great that you enjoyed these books! It looks really fun, I'll have to keep them in mind for my nephew. :D

Lisa  – (26 februari 2013 om 08:54)  

I'm not a huge fan of middle grade, but these books do look really cute.

YA Book Queen  – (26 februari 2013 om 14:05)  

This sounds like a fun MG! The characters sound fabulous.

Great review!

A Canadian Girl  – (26 februari 2013 om 18:48)  

Oh, this sounds perfect for my little brother! I'm going to see if I can find this for him. Thanks for the recommendation, Nina.

The Readdicts  – (3 maart 2013 om 23:22)  

I don't read MG, but this does sound like a fun read. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much! Great review, Nina! :)

Sarika @ The Readdicts

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP