Top Ten Best Bookish Memories

The Broke and the Bookish created this weekly feature where bloggers/readers can post their top ten list.

1. Falling in love with the writing style of Jane Austen.
Emma was one of the first books I read written by Jane Austen and when I finished it I wanted more. I loved it so much I couldn’t get enough. It’s still one of my favourite books.

2. My best friend introducing me to Twilight.
Nuff said, right? No? We were in our first year of university and she asked if I wanted to go the cinema’s with her. I said, sure! She decided that we should go to Twilight. She read the book, enjoyed it and told me that I would love it too. Anyway, we went, we liked it and we made it our *thing* to watch every Twilight movie that came out in the cinemas together. And we did. And I read the books! Except the last one, because she couldn’t keep her mouth shut and told me everything that happened. But, we’re still friends. Lol.

3. Elf fantasy fair.
Elf fantasy fair is a fair in the Netherlands where you can dress up as a fantasy creature/hero and buy books, games, clothes (fantasy related) and other fun fantasy stuff. When we were there I bought lots and lots of books. And we were dressed up as…elfs. Awesome!

4. Getting my first review *package*
I was so excited and super happy. You couldn’t wipe that smile of my face.

5. Doing a happy dance when my first order came in from bookdepository.
It took me two years to discover this website. I had no idea. I was living under a rock. I love this website. Yes, I love going to the bookstore, but buying a hardcover for 13 instead of 20 euro is way better for my wallet.

6. Reading Carrie Pilby & discover that the main character sounded like me. WTF!
Not exactly like her. I don’t live in New York and I do not own my fathers credit card. That would be so wrong! But, she’s socially awkward, lives in her world, loves to sleep (hello? Adore! lol, etc.) I never had that moment before of WTF!

Sandy  – (5 februari 2013 om 15:30)  

Amen to number 1 and number 2! Great choices!

Check out my TTT.

Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (5 februari 2013 om 15:59)  

Twilight does bring fond memories for me too. GReat list.

Marce  – (5 februari 2013 om 17:05)  

Finding Book Depository as an International blogger is a GREAT BIG DEAL. I agree.

A Canadian Girl  – (5 februari 2013 om 17:33)  

I loved Emma when I read it too. And I was thrilled as well when I got my first book to review and discovered Book Depo :)

Lola Reading  – (5 februari 2013 om 20:42)  

Awesome list! I love your Jane Austin memory!

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (6 februari 2013 om 11:41)  

LOVE your list!!

I especially love the part where your friend told you everything, but you are still friends. LOL

Such fun!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (6 februari 2013 om 17:46)  

Great memories. :) I know the feeling when you get that package though. It's amazing. :)

YA Book Queen  – (10 februari 2013 om 09:47)  

Elf fantasy fair? That sounds awesome!

And I agree with #4, that's definitely a wonderful bookish memory :)

....Petty Witter  – (11 februari 2013 om 08:04)  

What a lot of great memories. Always exciting when a package arrives and ELF sounds like such fun.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP