Unbreak My Heart by Melissa C. Walker

Unbreak My Heart by Melissa C. Walker
Release date:
May, 2012
Pages: 240
Source: Bought

My Feelings:



Description:
Sophomore year broke Clementine Williams’ heart. She fell for her best friend’s boyfriend and long story short: he’s excused, but Clem is vilified and she heads into summer with zero social life. 

Enter her parents’ plan to spend the summer on their sailboat. Normally the idea of being stuck on a tiny boat with her parents and little sister would make Clem break out in hives, but floating away sounds pretty good right now. 

Then she meets James at one of their first stops along the river. He and his dad are sailing for the summer and he’s just the distraction Clem needs. Can he break down Clem’s walls and heal her broken heart?

Told in alternating chapters that chronicle the year that broke Clem’s heart and the summer that healed it, Unbreak My Heart is a wonderful dual love story that fans of Sarah Dessen, Deb Caletti, and Susane Colasanti will flock to.



My Review:
I enjoyed reading Unbreak My Heart so much, that Small Town Sinners (Contemporary book from 2011) by Melissa Walker is now on my wishlist.

What’s up with me and YA contemporary novels lately? There isn’t one book that I bought that I absolutely didn’t enjoy reading. Yes, there was one that got three hearts, but it was still enjoyable. But most of the books got four to five hearts and became my favourites. Unbreak My Heart is one of those books.

Clem is a young girl, who’s sad and angry at herself. She beats herself up for the things she has done to her best friend, Anna. Even though it took a couple of chapters to explain what happened between Clem and Anna I could understand why she was down all the time. Not a very cool thing to do. James was a character I liked as well. He was sweet, always happy, very positive and a great listener. He was a very great friend to Clem. I also liked the parents and little sister. A real nice solid family.

I really liked the plot. As I said the explaining part about what happened between the best friends didn’t start from the beginning. The whole time I was wondering what happened that would make Clem so sad. The plot was fast paced, easy to read and just overall entertaining. The ending did left me wonder if Anna and Clem would be friends again.

I really loved Unbreak My Heart and wholeheartedly recommend it!

Cecelia  – (14 februari 2013 om 07:22)  

Oh, so glad you loved this one! It was one of my favorite contemporaries last year. The mix of sorrow and anger and hope was just right. Thanks for sharing!

Nina  – (14 februari 2013 om 07:38)  

@Cecilia: I loved it! The mix was just perfect. I'm really looking forward to Small Town Sinners. Another contemporary book from this author.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (14 februari 2013 om 08:06)  

Sounds sweet. I love the cover. It makes me want to go sailing

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (14 februari 2013 om 12:36)  

Oh another contemp I need to check out. I mean you can't go wrong with an author having a first name like that, right? ;) I swear you are going to get me into more contemp than I usually read! Thanks! :D

Briana  – (14 februari 2013 om 20:17)  

After reading Small Town Sinners, Unbreak My Heart has been on MY wish list! :) I've been obsessed with contemps lately also!

Joanna  – (15 februari 2013 om 04:04)  

You sure have been reading some good YA lately! It's added to my list now - I love books like these and love reading about friendships.

Sunny Duvall  – (15 februari 2013 om 07:09)  

This sounds great! I love the cover so thank you for showing this to me and thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Sunny @ Blue Sky Bookshelf

Bookworm1858  – (15 februari 2013 om 21:27)  

I really loved this book too especially its exploration of friendship and its themes about healing.

Kate @ Ex Libris  – (17 februari 2013 om 06:22)  

Oh, I loooved this book! I thought it was a great story and I loved the ending!

Kate @ Ex Libris

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP