Dutch Cover Alert

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.


The Netherlands – The United States

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.

I like love the US cover. The clouds, the girl in the purple dress and the title stand out. The cover is just very eye-catching & I would definitely pick it up if I saw it at the bookstore. 
The Dutch cover looks like the genre is dystopian. Dark & gritty. I do like it, but it’s way different than the US, girly, cute cover.

Would you pick the Dutch or American cover?

Sharrice Hewlett  – (13 maart 2013 om 07:18)  

I really like both of them. I think if they had been similar in style I would have had to pick on over the other, but I really like both separately. They're both so unique in their own way.

Thank you for sharing these!!!

Reese's @ Reese's Reviews: MA2F

Christina / Book Addict  – (13 maart 2013 om 07:50)  

They are so different from each other! I'm going to have to go with the US cover, because you are right...the Dutch cover seems too dystopian.

YA Book Queen  – (13 maart 2013 om 08:43)  

I like the Dutch cover, but it does make the story look very dark (while the US one makes it look light, fun). I think I love the US one a bit more.

YA Book Queen  – (13 maart 2013 om 08:43)  
Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.
Melissa (Books and Things)  – (13 maart 2013 om 12:52)  

I like both... and actually prefer the Dutch... however, I do think the US one is more eyecatching. Oh hard to choose! :)

Blodeuedd  – (13 maart 2013 om 13:17)  

I like the Dutch cos it looks cool, the US is too generic

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (13 maart 2013 om 19:07)  

I really like the Dutch but I'm thinking I prefer the American cover.

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (14 maart 2013 om 05:36)  

These covers are so completely different, you'd never think they were for the same book! I'm going for the US cover. I've always liked that one. :)

Maji Bookshelf  – (14 maart 2013 om 11:36)  

I totally agree with you, US cover ALL the way! Thanks for sharing!
- Farah @ MajiBookshelf

Maji Bookshelf  – (14 maart 2013 om 11:36)  
Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.
Maji Bookshelf  – (14 maart 2013 om 11:36)  
Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.
Asheley (@BookwormAsheley)  – (14 maart 2013 om 14:31)  

Oh wow! Thanks for sharing these. I have the American cover because I'm here in America, and I've never seen the Dutch cover. But honestly, I think it is kind of neat. I haven't read the book yet so I don't really know that it fits well, but I do like it. The American cover is super pretty too, though, with the colors and the lettering.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (14 maart 2013 om 17:10)  

Wow! Such a difference here. And again I'm not sure which one I like more. Maybe the US one. :) Thank you.

Sydney  – (14 maart 2013 om 23:34)  

For me, Dutch. I like the font of the US cover, but the cover seems a bit too similar to another I know. They are both very pretty, though.

Darlyn Azlinda  – (16 maart 2013 om 05:51)  

Oh I love the Dutch cover more over the US. ;p

booksntea  – (16 maart 2013 om 11:40)  

Wow! I've never seen two covers for the same book tell two completely different stories. The Dutch version makes it seem like a dark, gothic story, while the US cover makes it seem sweet and light and heartwarming. To be honest, I'm not attracted to either cover, but back in high school I would have been all over the Dutch cover. It's pretty creepy.

- Jackie

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP