SR: NOwHOre Disctrict & Flee


NOwHOre Disctrict by Bianca Da Silva

Release date: September, 2012
Pages: 173
Source: For review (the author)

My Feelings:




Description:
"I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me God not to get sued."

Tigra is an ordinary European girl who moved to Los Angeles to follow the love of her life only to be dumped and left on her own in a foreign land. Now, with no money nor shoulder to cry on, she is forced to overcome multiple obstacles that consist of a total culture shock, wiped out bank account, expiring visa, and her new pot smoking roommate who suffers from a serious sex addiction. Living in a city filled with compulsive womenizers and self centered superstars, she only has a few months left to find her new leading man who'd be willing to make her an American citizen.

My Review:
I had this book for a while now and when I finally decided to read it, I couldn’t get into it. Yesterday I started reading it again and this time it hold my attention. Tigra is a funny girl. She’s young, sweet, broke and is desperate. I liked this character. Melody, her friend, I didn’t care for. She was just too weird and too much into boys. A bit sad. The plot of Tigra finding a men and going on dates was fun to read about. Tigra just says what she has to say! I would have loved to find out if in the end she figures *life* out. All in all, I liked it.


Flee by Miranda Kavi
Release date: November, 2012
Pages: 156
Source: For review (the author)

My Feelings:



Description:
Aurora Lockette has a supernatural ability she hides from the world. Gavyn Dhaval is a newly famous actor that shies away from the spotlight. When Aurora and Gavyn literally collide in a fender bender on her first day of law school, they are irresistibly drawn to each other.

When Aurora’s secret is revealed, she has no choice but to abandon Gavyn to go into hiding to escape the media frenzy. A secret society of gifted humans contacts her to warn of dark forces that seek to destroy her and everyone she loves.

Aurora must try to understand who and what she is while she fights to protect herself and her loved ones from a hidden, sinister force.

My Review:
Oh wow, Flee was an awesome short read. Aurora is a fun character. She has a huge secret to keep from the world and therefore she doesn’t let anyone come close to her. She was strong, but also very fearful of rejection. Gavyn is another great character. He’s sweet and honest. He’s really into Aurora and I love their relationship. I just have to mention Auroras mom. She’s really protective and awesome! The plot is great, but I would love to have read more about the things that come after Aurora. I couldn’t get a clear picture of them in my head while reading this, which was a bummer. But overall, I loved Flee and I can't wait to read more in this series. 

Lisa  – (28 maart 2013 om 07:46)  

Flee looks really good. I like that the characters sound a bit older too.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (28 maart 2013 om 11:47)  

Not sure about that first one, but glad you ended up liking it. Love the sound of the mom in the second one! Nice!

Joanna  – (28 maart 2013 om 12:00)  

I added Flee to my list. Not that I need to start another series right now! But I love books with secrets like that, they remind me of Buffy, and I'm also intrigued by the fab mother figure you mention.

Blodeuedd  – (28 maart 2013 om 13:19)  

The 2nd book sounds cool :D

Jenny N.  – (28 maart 2013 om 19:12)  

I actually haven't heard of either of these books before. I do like the sound of the first book better with Tigra being in a new place and trying new things.

Darlyn Azlinda  – (29 maart 2013 om 06:58)  

I'm not sure how I will like the first book, but I do like her pink book cover. The second one is something that I would normally pick up ;p

Katja Weinert  – (30 maart 2013 om 06:00)  

Pretty covers, and great mini-reviews :) I'll have to try Flee

Nina  – (31 maart 2013 om 03:36)  

@Lisa:
Yeah, somethimes it's really good to step away from YA and read some adult books. :) \

@Melissa & Joanna:
The mother was an awesome character, very strong!

@Blodeuedd:
I know it's more up your alley! :)

@Jenny. N:
That was really fun in the book.

@Darlyn Azlinda:
Yeah, you might end up liking it or not getting it. I hope you'll pick up Flee!

@Katja Weinert:
I hope you'll do. You'll enjoy reading it.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP