The Fame Game by Lauren Conrad

The Fame Game by Lauren Conrad
Release date: April, 2012
Pages: 313
Source: Borrowed

My Feelings:



Description:

In Hollywood, fame can be found on every corner and behind any door. You just have to know where to look for it. Nineteen-year-old Madison Parker made a name for herself as best frenemy of nice-girl-next-door Jane Roberts on the hot reality show L.A. Candy. Now Madison's ready for her turn in the spotlight and she'll stop at nothing to get it. Sure, she's the star of a new show, but with backstabbing friends and suspicious family members trying to bring her down, Madison has her work cut out for her. Plus, there's a new nice girl in "reality" town—aspiring actress Carmen Price, the daughter of Hollywood royalty—and she's a lot more experienced at playing the fame game... When the camera's start rolling, whose star will shine brighter?

My Review:
Yes, I still need to finish the L.A. Candy series by Lauren Conrad, but  when I saw The Fame Game at the library I really wanted to read it.

As the L.A. Candy series we have four girls who are being followed around by cameras.  We got Madison, the attention seeker, the back-stabbing girl with a troubled past. She wants the spotlight and will do everything that is in her power to get it. Gaby, the weird, silly, not so smart girl. She doesn’t say much, think much and I have no idea why she’s in the book. We get to read all of the other girls thoughts, except for Gaby. Kate is the nicest one. I liked her the most. She’s friendly, caring, trustworthy and ambitious. And then we have Carmen. She comes from money and wants to find her own spotlight. She’s a caring character, but also very selfish. The other, secondary characters, are really interesting. Especially Trevor Lord, the boss.

The plot is dramalicious. But, what else can you expect from Lauren Conrad? She writes about what she knows and does that very good. I especially love that she has a message in her story. You can’t trust no one in Hollywood and the girls (characters) find that out the hard way. There is a bit of romance in the story, but not enough to make me swoon. It was just a cute, sweet romance.

Overall The Fame Game was really entertaining. &  I can’t wait to read the sequel, Starstruck. Fingers crossed it will be as drama-filled as The Fame Game. 

Kristin  – (31 maart 2013 om 06:13)  

I have been so curious about her books, but I have been hesitant because I wasn't sure if she was a great writer. Great Review!

Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

Nina  – (31 maart 2013 om 06:42)  

@Blodeuedd:
It is! :) Lol.

@Kristin:
Thanx. If you love the MTV show the Hills, you probably will enjoy reading her books. They are very entertaining. :)

Jenny N.  – (31 maart 2013 om 12:51)  

Nice review! Love these guilty pleasure reads that are full of drama.

A Canadian Girl  – (31 maart 2013 om 13:40)  

I don't normally read books by celebrities but I like that Conrad writes about what she knows. This series sounds like it's full of drama.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (1 april 2013 om 11:50)  

I usually don't go for dramalicious, but I swear, you do have me rethinking it. I may have to try this one out. :)

Nina  – (2 april 2013 om 09:39)  

@Jenny N:
Thanx. Yes, drama is awesome to read about. I love drama filled books.

@A Canadian Girl:
She def. writes what she knows. I really enjoy reading her books.

@Melissa:
I know, but you def. should try this one out. You might end up loving it. :)

The Readdicts  – (4 april 2013 om 22:58)  

I've heard of Lauren Conrad but haven' read any of the author's works. It looks like The Fame Game is really good. i'm glad you enjoyed it. Great review, Nina! :)

Sarika @ The Readdicts

The Readdicts  – (4 april 2013 om 22:59)  

I've heard of Lauren Conrad but haven' read any of the author's works. It looks like The Fame Game is really good. i'm glad you enjoyed it. Great review, Nina! :)

Sarika @ The Readdicts

Nina  – (5 april 2013 om 04:32)  

@The Readdicts:
If you love the Hills or Laguna Beach, you'll love the books! I hope you'll get the chance to read them! :)

Brandi Kosiner  – (5 april 2013 om 07:15)  

I can get down with drama and entertainment.
Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP