The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
Release date:
January, 2012
Pages: 236
Source: Bought

My Feelings:



Description:
Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. Having missed her flight, she's stuck at JFK airport and late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon-to-be stepmother Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's sitting in her row.

A long night on the plane passes in the blink of an eye, and Hadley and Oliver lose track of each other in the airport chaos upon arrival. Can fate intervene to bring them together once more?


My Review:
This cover is so misleading! I was expecting a swoon worthy guy character and just a gushy romance, but unfortunately these two things weren’t in the book!

The characters are nice. Hadley is a young girl who has to go to her fathers wedding in London. She doesn’t want to go and I completely understood why. Very understandable. She meets Oliver and she falls in love with him. Oliver, oh Oliver, I wanted you to be gush worthy. I wanted you to be awesome and memorable. But, you weren’t. He’s kind, has a great sense of humour, but the spark between him and me Hadley was missing.

The plot is okay. I wanted more of it. I wanted a romance, a deeper connection between the two characters. The story is more about Hadley and her father, then about Hadley and Oliver. She had so much anger, bitterness inside of her, that I thought she forgave her father too fast and too soon. Don’t get me wrong, I love happy endings, but this happy ending was a bit too weird & came too fast for me.

And even though the book didn’t blow me away, I’m still super excited about ‘This Is What Happy Looks Like’ by Jennifer. E. Smith. 

Rebekah Campbell  – (7 maart 2013 om 05:46)  

Sorry you weren't overly impressed with this one. A few bloggers have felt the same about the romance which is a shame because that's pretty much the basis of the story :P
I bought this one a few weeks ago so will get to it eventually. Thanks for the great review :)

Bookworm1858  – (7 maart 2013 om 06:24)  

I expected a more lighthearted story and ended up almost curling up in a ball crying during/after reading this. The emotions were so much for me and it wasn't what I wanted.

Christianna Marks  – (7 maart 2013 om 06:44)  

I've got this one on my Kindle! I keep hearing mixed reviews on it, so I'm curious to see how I feel about it. This was a really great review!

Lectus Read  – (7 maart 2013 om 07:17)  

I always for in love at first sight. I meet a guy. I like him. Dream of him for a week. Meet another guy... and do it all over again!

Nina  – (7 maart 2013 om 07:43)  

@Rebekah: I'm looking forward reading what your thoughts are on the book. & it's def. a shame, because it could easily turn into a four hearts book.

@Bookworm1858: Always interesting to read/hear other thoughts on the book. Unfortunaley I didn't had that emotional connection with the book.

@Christianna: I can't wait to read what you think of the book. Fingers crossed you'll like it more than I did.. :)

@Lectus Read: lol. :)

Christina / Book Addict  – (7 maart 2013 om 11:57)  

I've had this one sitting on my shelf for awhile and I have either read really great reviews for it or so-so reviews. I'm sorry this book didn't wow you. I definitely thought the book's focus was on the romance and not so much on Hadley and her father. Thanks for the heads up about this and for the great review!

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (7 maart 2013 om 12:22)  

Oh too bad! I love the title, but if the romance isn't a hit, it isn't one I would want to read. Darn... and I was looking forward to this one. Hope the other book by the author rocks you!

Blodeuedd  – (7 maart 2013 om 12:26)  

Ok a borrow from the library book

Brandi Kosiner  – (8 maart 2013 om 13:07)  

From the cover, I would expect the same thing and sad that it didn't deliver.

Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

The Readdicts  – (8 maart 2013 om 21:48)  

Oh my! I loved this book, but I see your point as well! I hope we both enjoy This Is What Happy Looks Like, I can't wait for it! Awesome review, Nina! :)

Sarika @ The Readdicts

Lisa (Lost in Literature)  – (9 maart 2013 om 18:52)  

Oh no! I absolutely adored this story. I actually got it on audio, and it was amazing. I loved the narrator and the voices she used. It was such a quick sorry that I listened to while driving, and I fell in love with it from the beginning. I see what you mean about Oliver not being gush worry... I guess I was just in the mood for a light story, and was happy that's what I got. Sorry you didn't love it. :(

Nina  – (10 maart 2013 om 06:36)  

@Lisa (Lost in Literature):
I know, right! Ah, well that happens. I'm glad you enjoyed the book. :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP