Top Ten Books On My Spring 2013 TBR list!


The Broke and the Bookish created this weekly feature where bloggers/readers can post their top ten list.

“Spring is one of the four conventional temperate seasons following winter and preceding summer. Spring and springtime refer to the season, and also to ideas of rebirth, rejuvenation, renewal, resurrection and regrowth.”

I love Spring. I love the beautiful colours, flowers & laughing people on the street. So nice! But, here in the Netherlands it ain’t spring yet. It’s cold and it has been snowing. Snowing! Snow, can you please go away. It was fine when it was December and January, but now in March you must go away and stay away. Anyhow, the books that I want to read are all books I bought this month, received for review or books that I won.

The books on my TBR list are:
1. Divergent by Veronice Roth
Recently bought and I need to read this book very soon. Everyone seems to really love it. I can’t wait.

2. The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda
It sounds unique, different, awesome, maybe even epic!

3. Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst
This book sounds super fun. Vampires and unicorns, what’s not to love?

4. Reckoning by Lili St.Crow
 
I adore this series and I can’t wait to read the last and final book.

5. Juniper Berry by M.P. Kozlowsky
Juniper Berry sounds like a creepy middle grade book. & I love the cover.

6. Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
I won this book! Thank you Marjolein & I’m looking forward reading it.

7. Maddigan’s Fantasia by Margaret Mahy
I got this book for review. It looks super fun and cute. I’ve also heard there is a TV show based on the book. Gotta love that. First the book, then the TV show.

8. Flee by Miranda Kavi
I really want to read Flee. It’s a short read so I probably can read this one next weekend.

9. Elemental by Alexandra May
I have this book for a while now and need to start reading it. It sounds super interesting.

10. Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant send an idiot abroad by Karl Pilkington
This book has been lying on the shelves for a long time. I have watched the TV show of it and loved it, but I never started reading the book. It’s super short and probably very amusing. 

Christina / Book Addict  – (12 maart 2013 om 06:51)  

I hear you about snow in March--it's the worst! We had a few days of warm weather this past weekend, but it's cold again and we have snow in the forecast too. Boo! Anyway, I hope you like Dash and Lily...it was a really cute read and Divergent is really good. I hope you get around to reading all the books on your list this spring and I hope it warms up for you!

Nina  – (12 maart 2013 om 07:16)  

@Christina/Book Addict:
Thank you! Actually at the moment the sun is shining, so the little snow we had will be gone very soon. Yay! :)

@Jessica:
Woohoo! I can't wait to read it.

bookshelffantasies.com  – (12 maart 2013 om 07:30)  

I have Divergent sitting on my shelf too -- must get to it finally! I loved Dash & Lily. Enjoy!

Lisa

Lee @ Rally the Readers  – (12 maart 2013 om 07:41)  

I'm a big fan of An Idiot Abroad, too! Karl is just hilarious. And I hope you love Dash & Lily's Book of Dares as much as I did!

Nina  – (12 maart 2013 om 07:44)  

@bookshelffantasies.com:
Glad to hear you loved Dash & Lily. It sounds fun.

@Lee:
Always fun to get to know other fans of Karl. He´s hilarious! Every episode is super hilarious.

Emma  – (12 maart 2013 om 08:07)  

We've got snow here too! Can't wait for the proper spring weather to kick in so I can read outside! Hope you enjoy Divergent!

Nina  – (12 maart 2013 om 08:09)  

@Emma:
Yeah, me too! It´s been almost six months that I read a book outside.

Lexxie Lin  – (12 maart 2013 om 08:14)  

I really, really enjoyed Divergent. And Drink, Slay, Love sounds pretty cool! I agree, with vampires and unicorns, how could it go wrong?

Thanks for stopping by my TTT post earlier.

Happy reading.

Nina  – (12 maart 2013 om 08:16)  

@Lexxie Lin:
I really need to read Divergent ASAP! It does sounds awesome, rigth?

Petra  – (12 maart 2013 om 08:30)  

Great list! Divergent is amazing, I really hope you like it. :)
Thanks for stopping by my post! :)

Hound_bound  – (12 maart 2013 om 08:31)  

... I may need to add Drink Slay Love to mine as well!

Ashling86  – (12 maart 2013 om 08:40)  

I totally agree about the snow. We just had snow here in NJ too, and now we're supposed to have rain for days and days.

Divergent is so good. I only just read it recently, and I loved it. I hope you like it too. I haven't heard of most of these other books, but they all look really cool, especially Elemental.

Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

Ashling @ Reading, Writing, & Anything but Arithmetic

Blodeuedd  – (12 maart 2013 om 09:02)  

Looks like and awesome list :D

....Petty Witter  – (12 maart 2013 om 09:14)  

Funny you should mention Lili St.Crow as I have just read one of her books, Working For The Devil.

LisaILJ  – (12 maart 2013 om 10:15)  

Drink, Slay, Love was one of the books that I heave always wanted to read, but just never found the time. It looks so cute. I hope Divergent lives up to your expectations.

My Teaser and Top Ten Tuesday (#3)
LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

Ula (Blog of Erised)  – (12 maart 2013 om 10:29)  

Great list, Divergent is amazing! You'll love it!

Ashley  – (12 maart 2013 om 11:26)  

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares sounds like such a cute book. It's definitely on my TBR list.

Lynn @ Books on the Bay  – (12 maart 2013 om 12:04)  

I think I liked Divergent better than The Hunger Games or Delirium! Definitely get on that one!

booksandbooksand  – (12 maart 2013 om 12:48)  

I currently have Divergent checked out from the library. I'm planning on starting it next. I loved, loved, loved Dash and Lily's Book of Dares. I read it during the Christmas season and fell in love. It might become a winter tradition for me.
I hope you like all your books! (:

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (12 maart 2013 om 12:56)  

Enjoyed Divergent, heard mixed reviews on the next book. Also need to read the Hunt. Oh and Drink, Slay, Love was fun. I really enjoyed her book, Vessel as well! Oh such a good book list. Also curious about the Gervais's book. :D

Michelle  – (12 maart 2013 om 14:07)  

Juniper Berry sounds really cool! I've been getting into middle grade a little bit more and this one sounds like one to read. Dash and Lily is a super quick read and was really fun (except I wasn't a big fan of Lily)... but anyhow it's very wintery!!

Thanks for stopping by My TTT

quinnsbooknook  – (12 maart 2013 om 16:13)  

I need to read Dash and Lily, too. I can't believe I haven't read that one yet.

Happy Spring Reading :)

literaryetc  – (12 maart 2013 om 16:16)  

Sorry to hear about the snow, if I could I would give you our weather. we've had nothing but sunshine and it's been really warm. I hope you get the warmth soon!

Divergent is one book I want to read. I just haven't had the chance to do it. I love An Idiot Abroad! I've heard good things about the book. Happy reading!

Thanks for stopping by Literary, etc.

Liza (Reading with ABC)  – (12 maart 2013 om 16:29)  

Divergent is amazing, I hope you love it. Dash and Lily is a favorite as well.

Thanks for stopping by!

Jaclyn Hern  – (12 maart 2013 om 16:43)  

Ok, I keep hearing all about this Divergent series! I really think I need to try it out. Great list!

Cathy Keaton  – (12 maart 2013 om 18:10)  

Divergent is awesome as is The Hunt, although Divergent is a little better in my opinion. Great list and I hope you get to read them this spring! ;)

Zeee  – (12 maart 2013 om 18:19)  

Awesome list!

Thanks for dropping by my TTT.

New GFC Follower!

Megan  – (12 maart 2013 om 18:48)  

I have to read Divergent, too. I bought it last spring, and I still haven't read it. Everybody loves it so much, I don't know why it's taken me so long!

A Canadian Girl  – (12 maart 2013 om 19:43)  

You have to read Divergent, Nina! I still need to read Insurgent myself.

And Drink, Slay, Love is so hilarious. I'm sure you're going to love it.

The Book Belles  – (12 maart 2013 om 21:47)  

Divergent was a great book. Also, I really want to read the Strange Angels series by Lili St. Crow soon. It sounds amazing! Awesome list :)

Asheley (@BookwormAsheley)  – (14 maart 2013 om 14:33)  

I love The Hunt - it IS different but fun! And I've also been wanting to read Drink, Slay, Love FOREVER. It sounds neat.

Kimberly @ On the Wings of Books  – (14 maart 2013 om 17:56)  

I loved Divergent I hope you enjoy it! I have Dash and Lily's Book of Dares lying around somewhere. I just haven't gotten to it yet!

Carina Olsen  – (15 maart 2013 om 00:27)  

Awesome list :D Divergent is perfect. <3 Sigh. And I loved The Hunt :D Hope you'll love all of these :)
Thank you for commenting on my Top Ten. <3
Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP