Top Ten Series I'd Like To Start But Haven't Yet

The Broke and the Bookish created this weekly feature where bloggers/readers can post their top ten list.


Like all of them! Seriously, there are way to many series out there. And I, Nina, have the first book syndrome. Which means that I read the first book, fall in love with it, read other books & forget about the series that I started. I need to finish some series, or at least wait until the second book of a series is out and then buy/borrow the first two books.

Anyway, here are a few series that I want to start:

  1. Gone with the Respiration (Dearly Departed) by Lia Habel
  2. The Hunt (The Hunt, The Prey) by Andrew Fukuda 
  3. New Soul (Incarnate, Asunder) by Jodi Meadows 
  4. The Atlanteans (The Lost Code, The Dark Shore) by Kevin Emerson
  5. Delirium (Delirium, Pandemonium, Requiem) by Lauren Oliver
  6. Masque of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, Dance of the Red Death) by Bethany Griffin
  7. Prophecy of the Sisters (Prophecy of the Sisters, Guardian of the Gate, Circle of Fire) by Michelle Zink
  8. The Ghost and the Goth (Ghost and the Goth, Queen of the Dead, Body & Soul) by Stacey Kade
  9. The Magnolia League (The Magnolia League, The White Glove War) by Katie Crouch
  10. Hereafter (Hereafter, Arise) by Tara Hudson


Christina / Book Addict  – (5 maart 2013 om 05:48)  

This is a great list. I almost included Delirium (need to read the last two books) and Prophecy of the Sisters, which has been sitting on my bookshelf forever! I also want to read book two in the Magnolia League.

Nina  – (5 maart 2013 om 05:53)  

@Christina/Book Addict: You already read the first book in the Magnolia League. So jealous! :)

whyicantstopreading  – (5 maart 2013 om 06:18)  

I really like your list! I have added a few to my own from it now :)

Kristin  – (5 maart 2013 om 06:44)  

I have been wanting to read The Ghost and The Goth series also I really like the covers. I have also read Hereafter and I really couldn't get into it.

Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

Emma  – (5 maart 2013 om 06:50)  

I haven't read/heard of any of these! Going to look them up on goodreads to see if there's any I need to put on my TBR list!

Nina  – (5 maart 2013 om 06:53)  

@Kristin: I agree, the covers of the Ghost and The Goth series are really great. Curious to find out why you could't get into the book 'Hereafter'.

@Emma: Yay! Let me know if you decide to pick one up.

Michelle  – (5 maart 2013 om 07:11)  

The Ghost and the Goth series is SO CUTE!!!! I LOVED LOVED LOVED them! You should definitely get those. I also wanted to read Delirium until the last book came out and everyone said it was a blah ending... so now IDK.

Thanks for stopping by My TTT

Nina  – (5 maart 2013 om 07:24)  

@Michelle: Yay for it being cute! I adore cute books. :)

Maria  – (5 maart 2013 om 07:30)  

I've read Delirium and really loved it! Oliver has such beautiful writing. Need to read Pandemonium and Requiem soon, I suffer from first book syndrome too.

I also need to read Prophecy of the Sisters, which has been getting dusty considering how long it's been sitting on my TBR pile.

Aleksandra  – (5 maart 2013 om 07:33)  

Great list! All of these are on my tbr, but still haven't tried them!

Samantha Stewart  – (5 maart 2013 om 07:46)  

I have Delirium on my list too! I really want to read Hereafter & The Ghost and the Goth as well!
Great list :)

Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews  – (5 maart 2013 om 08:24)  

I just finished The Ghost and the Goth books and they were amazing! I haven't read any of the others on your list, but I want to especially Gone with the Respiration and Delirium. Thanks for sharing!

Jenny N.  – (5 maart 2013 om 08:27)  

So many books that come out are part of a series and I always seem to start new series but don't continue on with them. I'd like to read Prophecy of Sisters and Delirium too as I've heard great things about them.

Christianna Marks  – (5 maart 2013 om 08:59)  

I have only heard of a few of these! Which means more books for me to look into!

My TTT

Becca Bee  – (5 maart 2013 om 09:04)  

I loved Masque of the Red Death. Such a compellingly dark story.

I couldn't get into Prophecy of the Sisters, thought.

Nice list. :)

Michael @ The Bookshelf Review  – (5 maart 2013 om 10:18)  

Awesome list. You have some that I need to read too, like The Hunt, Masque of the Red Death and Hereafter. Thanks for sharing and visiting my TT. =]

Tricia  – (5 maart 2013 om 11:13)  

Definitely read Delirium. I liked the second even better than the first!

Kat Balcombe  – (5 maart 2013 om 11:36)  

The Hunt is super scary, but I still need to get to The Prey - very unique ideas though!

I'd definitely recommend having all three of the Delirium series ready to read, Lauren Oliver's cliffhangers are killers!

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (5 maart 2013 om 11:45)  

Oh of those... the one I most want to start is Masque of the Read Death series. Yes, I do! :D

For the Lia Habel series... be prepared for multiple POVs.... a lot of them. :)

dragongirl  – (5 maart 2013 om 14:04)  

Oh, great picks. I really want to read Dearly Departed and The Lost Code as well. I have read Delirium and Masque of the Red Death - they're both amazing!

Thank you for stopping by my blog! :)

literaryetc  – (5 maart 2013 om 15:43)  

I love your list! I almost included Delirium and Red Death, but didn't because I'm still not sure if I want to read them. I have them in my temp TBR pile.

Thanks for stopping by Literary, etc.

Lauren @ Love is not a triangle  – (5 maart 2013 om 17:51)  

I enjoyed Dearly, Departed but I have yet to read Dearly, Beloved. Great mix of Victorian-Dystopian and zombies! LOVE Jodi Meadow's New Soul series. And Tara Hudson's Hereafter series is great too. Excited for the finale this year. I've been avoiding love triangles so 5 and 6 are out for now. But they're not completely off my radar. Great list! Thanks for stopping by mine.

Nicole  – (5 maart 2013 om 19:17)  

Wow so many series I haven't heard of! I will have to check these out. I love the cover of The Magnolia League and also just added Prophecy of the Sisters! Thanks for sharing!!!

& thanks for stopping by our post!
Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

Jessica Leigh  – (5 maart 2013 om 19:42)  

I loved Incarnate by Jodi Meadows and need to read Asunder son. I also want to read Hereafter.

New GFC Follower

My TTT

Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

The Readdicts  – (5 maart 2013 om 23:25)  

I REALLY wanna read Masque Of The Red Death as well AND The Ghost And The Goth! Great list. I hope you get to read them all soon and New Soul is a very interesting series. I've only read Incarnate and it was pretty good!

Happy reading! :D

Sarika @ The Readdicts

Debby  – (6 maart 2013 om 00:55)  

EEP so cool to find yet another Dutch book blogger :) Hoiii!

Great list! I have to read most of those still as well. NewSoul is pretty good and I did read Delirium but haven't read the sequels. I really should get to that, haha.

A Canadian Girl  – (6 maart 2013 om 01:16)  

I read The Ghost and the Goth and it was surprisingly good. I need to get around to reading the other two books in that series.

Katja Weinert  – (6 maart 2013 om 02:33)  

Thanks for sharing :) There's actually only one of these series that I've started already, so I'll have to check out the others you mentioned.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (6 maart 2013 om 16:28)  

I have so many series to get started on too! i read one of the ghost and the goth books and it was excellent!

Cecelia  – (6 maart 2013 om 20:10)  

I need to start the Lia Habel series - I love steampunk, so I can't believe that I haven't touched those books yet. Thanks for sharing your list!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP