Contemporary fiction tag

The other day while I was browsing online I found a contemporary fiction tag that was created by Melissa from a youtube book channel. I didn’t found it on youtube, but on this tumblr account. There are ten questions, but I’m dividing them into two seperate posts. The second part is going to be up online next week. 

Favorite contemporary novel?
It’s very hard to choose a favourite among the awesome books I read in this genre. But, the one that I always recommend  is Carrie Pilby by
Caren Lissner.
I adore this book. Adore. It’s fabulous. To sum it up ‘rich, awkward anti-social girl doesn’t know what to do with her life’.

And I have to add my favourite contemporary novel of 2012,  From What I Remember by Stacey Kramer & Valerie Thomas. The cover alone gives you a good idea about what the story is about. It’s hilarious, cute, sweet & a light read.

Contemporary that you think deserves more recognition? 
Probably Cum Laude by Cecily von Ziegesar. I’m a huge fan of Gossip Girl, or at least the first couple of seasons, but I never read any of the books in the series. When I found out that she was writing a new book I knew I had to read it. I’m glad I did, it’s really good. Not so much drama going on, more still enough to keep me (a drama addict) glued to the pages. I thought this book would get more attention and recognition (cause it’s really good), but unfortunately it didn’t get it.  

What contemporary novel made you the saddest?
Love you, Hate you, Miss you by Elizabeth Scott. It’s just so sad and heart-breaking to read this book. The book is about growing up, losing a friend, grieving, dealing with issues etc. All very depressing! But, still a very good read. Very good.

Cutest contemporary you’ve ever read?
The cutest? You Wish by Mandy Hubbard. Even the cover (which is pink and has a cupcake with a pony on it) is cute! Kayla, the main character, has to deal with all her past birthday wishes coming true and what she wished for is hilarious. I love Ken! (Yes, from Barbie!)

What contemporary made you feel all of the feels? 
The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder. I didn’t think a verse novel would get to me. I read one of her other verse novels and I didn’t enjoy reading that one. It didn’t do anything for me. So when I got this book I was a bit hesitant. I didn’t think I would really fall in love with the story. But, how wrong was I for thinking that! I loved it. It made me feel sad, happy, angry and then happy again. Such a great story. 

CeCe  – (15 april 2013 om 08:17)  

New follower! Great post. Lots of great books I haven't heard of before to consider : )

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP