Divergent by Veronica Roth

Divergent by Veronica Roth
Release date:
February, 2012
Pages: 487
Source: Bought
Part of: Dystopian challenge

My Feelings:



Description:
In Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago world, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue--Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is--she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.

During the highly competitive initiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris and struggles alongside her fellow initiates to live out the choice they have made. Together they must undergo extreme physical tests of endurance and intense psychological simulations, some with devastating consequences. As initiation transforms them all, Tris must determine who her friends really are--and where, exactly, a romance with a sometimes fascinating, sometimes exasperating boy fits into the life she's chosen. But Tris also has a secret, one she's kept hidden from everyone because she's been warned it can mean death. And as she discovers unrest and growing conflict that threaten to unravel her seemingly perfect society, she also learns that her secret might help her save those she loves . . . or it might destroy her.

My Review:
Hallelujah, this book is awesome. A lot of bloggers recommended Divergent, but I never had the *need* to read it. I just couldn't convince myself to buy the book, untill I started reading the first page and I had to have it. Damn, boys and girls, another fantastic dystopian. I think this book turned me into a dystopian fan. 

Beatrice is a young girl that wants to do what’s best for herself, find her happy place and just live. I really liked Beatrice. She wasn’t a whiny character. She was strong, a hard worker, brave and never gave up. I also liked Beatrice friends. I loved Four. Hello? Hot guy alert! The icing on the delicious cake.

And let me tell you, the cake is delicious. The plot is amazing, action-packed, fast-paced and filled with surprises. I couldn’t put the book down & read Divergent in one sitting. I have way too much love for this book & I have no idea how to express my feelings for it without repeating myself. So, just go get it! 

Lectus Read  – (15 april 2013 om 07:51)  

I couldn't even finish it! totally not my type of book.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (15 april 2013 om 09:33)  

I SO gotta get to this. I own it even. :) Great review.

Mel@Thedailyprophecy  – (15 april 2013 om 12:00)  

Yeeeeeeey! :D This book definitely introduced me to the world of Dystopian.

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Blodeuedd  – (15 april 2013 om 12:45)  

It sadly did not impress me

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (15 april 2013 om 13:04)  

I really enjoyed this one as well. Still need to read that second one and it didn't get as many good reviews. :(

Aman  – (15 april 2013 om 13:37)  

I loved Divergent! The storyline was so fresh and engaging. I don't even know why I haven't read Insurgent yet.
Great review :)

Teddyree  – (15 april 2013 om 15:25)  

I loved it too! And Insurgent just as much but for different reasons. The neuropsychology side of things in Insurgent really appealed.

A Canadian Girl  – (15 april 2013 om 18:24)  

Yay, you finally read this one, Nina! And I'm so happy to see that you loved it. Now we just need to read the sequel :)

....Petty Witter  – (16 april 2013 om 10:56)  

Sounds as complicated as our British class system.

Seriously though sounds like an interesting read.

Andrea  – (17 april 2013 om 09:49)  

I actually felt the same way and almost grudging picked it up but it was so good that I immediately preordered the second one. Now I am waiting anxiously for the 3rd one.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (17 april 2013 om 17:00)  

Gaa! I have the first here. I realllly want to get to this series. I love the sounds of it. So glad you enjoyed!

Bookworm1858  – (28 april 2013 om 18:37)  

Interested to read your thoughts on the sequel. I didn't enjoy it as much although I thought the ending was pretty good. I do agree that the first is pretty good though.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP