Firelight by Sophie Jordan

Firelight by Sophie Jordan
Release date: September, 2010
Pages: 326
Source: Borrowed
Part of: Personal challenge

My Feelings:



Description:
Marked as special at an early age, Jacinda knows her every move is watched. But she longs for freedom to make her own choices. When she breaks the most sacred tenet among her kind, she nearly pays with her life. Until a beautiful stranger saves her. A stranger who was sent to hunt those like her. For Jacinda is a draki, a descendant of dragons whose greatest defense is her secret ability to shift into human form.
Forced to flee into the mortal world with her family, Jacinda struggles to adapt to her new surroundings. The only bright light is Will. Gorgeous, elusive Will who stirs her inner draki to life. Although she is irresistibly drawn to him, Jacinda knows Will's dark secret: He and his family are hunters. She should avoid him at all costs. But her inner draki is slowly slipping away; if it dies she will be left as a human forever. She'll do anything to prevent that. Even if it means getting closer to her most dangerous enemy.

My Review:
When I saw that Firelight and it’s sequel, Vanish, were at the library I immediately picked them up. It usually never happens that the first and second book are at the same time in the library. Well, that never happened to me before, so I was very, very happy about it. Firelight is awesome and I’m super glad (big smile on my face!) that I borrowed the sequel as well.

Jacinda is a young girl that wants the best for her family, but also for herself. She’s a fighter, a strong character, sweet and caring. I liked Jacinda a lot. I also liked her friend, Catherine. She’s nice, friendly and just fun to hang around with. Tamra, the sister of Jacinda, was hurt. She was trying very hard to fit in the real world. I didn’t really like her, but I guess that was because I was on Jacindas side. Jacindas love interest, Will, is really interesting. You could tell he really loves Jacinda and wants to protect her from his family. I liked him, but Cassian made me swoon a bit more. He is the typical Alpha male and HOT. The mother of Jacinda and Tamra is caring. She wants to protect her children, no matter what. But, unfortunately she’s also very selfish in the way she does that.

The first chapter begins really awesome. Action immediately and I enjoyed it.  Then it kind of begins to slow down and near the end the pacing starts to fasten up a bit. So, there were slow parts, but those didn’t bore me. In those parts it was mostly Jacinda and her thoughts. Her internal struggle. The last couple of pages were intense and so, so good. I was literally at the edge of my seat.

I’m so glad that I read Firelight. It’s an amazing first start and I can’t wait to read Vanish.
I highly recommend! 

Lectus Read  – (9 april 2013 om 10:13)  

I read it a while ago and liked it. For some reason I never read the second book...

Mel@Thedailyprophecy  – (9 april 2013 om 12:16)  

I know the feeling! It is rare to find a the first two books together in the library. This book sounds good, especially the characters :)

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Brandi Kosiner  – (9 april 2013 om 12:40)  

I still need to read this one, but haven't gotten around to it. Glad to hear that you enjoyed and that it drew you in right away.
Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (9 april 2013 om 13:23)  

Oh I enjoyed this one as well, but I so need to find the rest of the books and devour them too. Hope you enjoy the rest!

A Canadian Girl  – (9 april 2013 om 18:07)  

I read this one I think pretty early in my blogging days but wasn't too pleased with it. I think I got annoyed by the love triangle. I'm glad you enjoyed it though, Nina, and hope you like the sequel just as much.

Jenny N.  – (9 april 2013 om 19:52)  

I don't read many books about dragons and since all the books are released already, you can read it in one go. That's what I'm planning to do with a couple series.

Andrea  – (10 april 2013 om 08:10)  

I love it too when the sequel is in with the first book and I can get them at the same time especially when the first one is good.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (10 april 2013 om 17:18)  

Oooo, I do want these. I love the covers and the sounds of the stories. :) Thank you and so glad to see you enjoyed it. :)

Christina / Book Addict  – (11 april 2013 om 06:28)  

I really enjoyed Firelight as well and I never thought I would like a book about dragons. I thought Vanish was pretty good--I'm glad you were able to borrow book two as well. Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

Nina  – (13 april 2013 om 03:36)  

@Lectus Read:
I just finished reading the sequel, Vanish! It's really entertaining, but slow & different than the first book. For me it wasn't better than the first book. I probably will give it three stars in my review.

@Mel:
Probably because we both live in the Netherlands. Lol! :)

@Brandi:
Yeah, it def. did. I hope you'll read it soon. It's really good. :)

Nina  – (13 april 2013 om 03:50)  

@Melissa:
I just finished the sequel & I can't wait to read the third book. I do have to say, the second book, isn't as great as Firelight. Hopefully the last book will rock! :)

@Canadian Girl:
Yes, love triangles can be irritated. But, I really enjoyed this one. :)

@Jenny N & Andrea:
I love it when all of the books in a series are already published. The n I don't have to wait! Woohoo! The last book in this trilogy isn't translated yet, so I do have to wait a bit for the last one. :)

@Christina:
Very rare that two books in a series are at the same time at the library! So def. did a happy dance when I saw them. :) Loved Firlight, enjoyed Vanish and I hope I'll love the third book as well. :)

Bookworm1858  – (20 april 2013 om 14:43)  

I really loved this book too-I swooned HARD for Will and just oohed and aahed over everything that went on.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP