Vanish by Sophie Jordan

Vanish by Sophie Jordan
Release date: September, 2011
Pages: 294
Source: Borrowed
Part of: Personal challenge

My Feelings:



Description:
To save the life of the boy she loves, Jacinda did the unthinkable: She betrayed the most closely-guarded secret of her kind. Now she must return to the protection of her pride knowing she might never see Will again—and worse, that because his mind has been shaded, Will’s memories of that fateful night and why she had to flee are gone.

Back home, Jacinda is greeted with hostility and must work to prove her loyalty for both her sake and her family’s. Among the few who will even talk to her are Cassian, the pride’s heir apparent who has always wanted her, and her sister, Tamra, who has been forever changed by a twist of fate. Jacinda knows that she should forget Will and move on—that if he managed to remember and keep his promise to find her, it would only endanger them both. Yet she clings to the hope that someday they will be together again. When the chance arrives to follow her heart, will she risk everything for love?

My Review:
After reading the last chapter of Firelight, there was no way I could wait to read the sequel. I loved the first book and had high hopes for Vanish. But unfortunately after the suspenseful, awesome, surprising twist in the first chapter, my hopes disappeared out of the window and vanished.

Jacinda is tired of the fight she has to fight every day and is a bit out of it. She is still very strong and doesn’t bow down easily. I liked Tamra a bit more than the first book. She doesn’t really know what to do with her feelings. I also liked Cassian a lot more in Firelight. Probably because I thought his intentions were true. He’s still protective, but I don’t know, there was something missing. He could have used more umpfh. The mother was just sad and depressing. Lying around in bed and drinking wine all day. I wanted her to be strong, not only for herself, but also for her children.
I liked Will. He’s sweet, protective and caring.

The plot is really interesting and there were some twists and turns I didn’t see coming.
But, overall it moved to slow and there was a lot of reading about Jacinda walking in the ‘village’ and thinking about Will. Also lots of moments where she was confused about her feelings for Cassian.  It’s obvious from Firelight that she’s madly in love with Will, so why choose Cassian? Get some balls and do something already.

The ending, oh the ending. I need book three ASAP! Even though the sequel didn’t blow me away & wasn’t better than Firelight I still recommend this series.

The Firelight series:
Firelight
Vanish
Hidden

Sharrice Hewlett  – (28 april 2013 om 19:39)  

Good review! I wasn't a huge fan of Vanish myself. I think a lot of people became Team Cassian because of this book even though she knew she was using him. Any who the third book totally redeems the second book. I am totally in love with book one and three, two, eh I think necessary to the third book. Anyway hope you can read the third one soon! 8)

Happy Reading from Reese's @Reese's Reviews: MA2F

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (29 april 2013 om 12:05)  

I still need to read this one. I haven't read it even with that awful ending of the first book. At least they are all out now! :D

Bookworm1858  – (29 april 2013 om 21:40)  

I loved the first book so much and then this just let me down a bit. I did finish the series but it wasn't the big finale I desired.

A Canadian Girl  – (30 april 2013 om 17:47)  

Lol at "Get some balls and do something already." This one sounds like it suffers from sequel syndrome.

Nina  – (1 mei 2013 om 11:13)  

@Sharrice Hewlett: I really liked the ending of this book, but it wasn't better than the first one! I did enjoyed reading it, but parts were boring.

@Melissa (Books and Things): Yeah, that ending was awfully good! LOL.

@Bookworm1858: Oh no! I can't wait to read the third book, but I was kind of hoping it would be AWESOME!

@A Canadian Girl: Seriously, it did! LOL.

Brandi Kosiner  – (1 mei 2013 om 23:16)  

Awq, sorry you didn't like this one as much as the first. I haven't read the 1st yet but I still want to

....Petty Witter  – (2 mei 2013 om 08:16)  

Hearing lots of good things about this. I love the cover, especially the reptile like look over her left eye.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP