Matched by Ally Condie

Matched by Ally Condie
Release date: November, 2010
Pages: 369
Source: Borrowed
Part of: Personal challenge & Dystopian challenge

My Feelings:



Description:
Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.

My Review:
Yeah, another dystopian book that didn’t work for me.

Cassia is a nice young character. She’s trying to do the best thing and wants to stick to the rules. I thought she was an okay character. She could have used more umpf!
Xander was an okay character as well. He didn’t make me swoon, but to be honest Ky wasn’t swoon worthy either.  I think they were al okay characters, none of them stood out for me. None of them were characters I related too, or characters I rooted for. They just were OKAY. And that, my friends, is not OKAY with me! I need someone to relate too, not only that, but also someone who stands out from the crowd and be kick-ass.

The whole plot was just boring. Nothing ever happened. Nothing! And then the end comes and it’s all ‘I’m going to find him.” How Cassia? How? You don’t have the skills to find him? You are not kick-ass! You don’t have the brains!"

I wanted, needed, more! Am I going to give the sequel a try? Yes, of course! Did you read the sequel? Loved or hated it? 

(: Isa :)  – (11 augustus 2013 om 16:32)  

Glad you finally read it anyway! I think I got swept up in the hype it generated when it came out (and that cover that I absolutely love), but when I think about it...I agree with you. I decided that one book was enough for me. Although I really like those covers, I just wasn't invested enough in Cassia's and Ky's story to really care about what happened next. You did a great job explaining your feelings in this review! :D

A Canadian Girl  – (11 augustus 2013 om 18:31)  

Lol, I heard the plot of this one was really slow which is why I never bothered reading it. Plus, I'm not a big dystopian fan and don't like love triangles. But, at least you liked it enough to give the sequel a try.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (12 augustus 2013 om 12:55)  

I've heard a lot of the same sentiment. I've also heard others who love it. Even if you didn't love it you are wanting to try the sequel so that makes me curious. :)

Lea (YA Book Queen)  – (12 augustus 2013 om 13:12)  

Ooh, sorry you didn't enjoy it more! It seems like people either love or hate this trilogy :(

Nina  – (12 augustus 2013 om 13:36)  

@Isa: I love the cover as well, it's soo beautiful. Too bad the story was soo bad & boring. It just doesn't fit the cover at all.

@A Canadian Girl: I started to really love dystopian reads. Probably next to drama reads, my favourite genre. The pace is indeed very slow!!

Nina  – (12 augustus 2013 om 13:36)  

@Melissa: I always love to give authors a second chance & this series needs one! :)

@Lea: Yeah, I do hope the sequel is going to be better.

Jenny N.  – (15 augustus 2013 om 14:37)  

I'm suprised with the low rating since this series was so popular. I do have Matched so I'm sure I'll get to it someday and see if I'll like it.

Bookworm1858  – (17 augustus 2013 om 21:26)  

I actually thought the sequel was worse unless you're REALLY into poetry. This first book was okay to me because I do adore discovering how dystopian worlds are built and what details the author shares; second books are much harder and I felt that this one failed so much so that I haven't even bothered to pick up book 3.

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP