Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink

Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink
Release date: August, 2009
Pages: 343
Source: Bought

My feelings:



Description:
An ancient prophecy divides two sisters- 
One good... 
One evil... 
Who will prevail? 
Twin sisters Lia and Alice Milthorpe have just become orphans. They have also become enemies. As they discover their roles in a prophecy that has turned generations of sisters against each other, the girls find themselves entangled in a mystery that involves a tattoo-like mark, their parents' deaths, a boy, a book, and a lifetime of secrets. 
Lia and Alice don't know whom they can trust. 
They just know they can't trust each other

My Review:
Since 2009 the Prophecy of the Sisters was on my wish list and it took me five whole years to finally get to it. And I’m glad I didn’t wait any longer.

I really enjoyed reading about the bond the sisters had and the story how they become orphans. Lia and Alica are twin sisters and they were very different from each other. One was evil and the other one good. I found Lia a bit dependant on everyone in the house they were living in, especially on her sister Alice. Towards the end her character does change and she becomes braver and relies on her own strengths.

Even though it had a slow start and I couldn’t get right away into it, the plot is interesting and
who doesn’t love a story about good versus evil. There isn’t a lot of action in the book, but there  were some surprises (evil surprises) that I didn’t expected. At all.

After all I really enjoyed the first book in the series and I cannot wait to read the sequel.  

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (19 mei 2014 om 13:37)  

I love good surprises in a book. I've been curious about this one and need to pick up this series. Great review!

Nina  – (19 mei 2014 om 14:56)  
Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.
Nina  – (19 mei 2014 om 14:57)  

@Melissa: Me too! They are the best. I highly recommend this series. The first book is really good.

A Canadian Girl  – (19 mei 2014 om 15:11)  

I've heard some good things about this series but haven't picked up the first book yet. I like that this one had some surprises you weren't expecting; that's always nice.

Teddyree  – (19 mei 2014 om 20:17)  

I read this years ago and really liked it, don't know why I never found the time to continue on with the series ... one day lol.
Glad you enjoyed it too :)

Little Miss Becky  – (19 mei 2014 om 22:05)  

I adored this series all the way through! Your review and your enjoyment of this one makes me want to go back and reread it! :)

Nina  – (20 mei 2014 om 11:24)  

@A Canadian Girl: Yeah, def. loved the twists and turns in this book.

@Teddyree: There are way too many series out there and I have also way too many unfinished! :) Hopefully one day you'll finish it.

@Little Miss Becky: Thanks! I already started the second book and I'm enjoying it so far.

Alicia the Awesome  – (20 mei 2014 om 12:18)  

I read this a long time ago and didn't really like it, but I might give it another try (: I still have it on my bookshelf.

Michelle@Book Briefs  – (22 mei 2014 om 07:25)  

I have this book on my kindle as well, and I still have not read it either!

I find it interesting to see how these two sisters can be so different.

Glad to see that you enjoyed it :)

Michelle @ Book Briefs

Nina  – (29 mei 2014 om 07:11)  

@Alicia the Awesome: Yes, do try it. I really enjoyed reading the book. So, so good.

@Michelle: The sisters are totally different from each other. I do wish there was a bit more of the evil sister in this book.

Nina  – (29 mei 2014 om 12:20)  

@Blodeuedd: Indeed! :)

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP