Dutch Cover Alert

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.



The Netherlands – The United States

I really like the American cover for this book. The beautiful pink rose makes the book stand out. Well that and the legs covered in dirt. It looks like it could be a haunting story. I'm not sold on the font they used for the title and it just seems a bit too big for me. The Dutch cover looks like a lot of other covers I've seen in the past. Just a girl lying in the grass. I do like that it has a very gritty look. If I had to choose, I probably would pick up the US cover. I just love pink roses. 

Would you pick the Dutch or American cover?

Christina / Book Addict  – (6 juni 2014 om 04:50)  

I'm going to go with US cover too…the pink rose is really a nice addition and very eye-catching! Thanks for sharing these!

Rashika  – (6 juni 2014 om 05:24)  

Both the covers look gorgeous but I think I'd go with the US cover too. The rose really makes the cover jump out at you when contrasted with her dirt covered knees and now that I have been lured in by a pretty cover I need to go add this to my TBR list.

Thanks for Sharing!! :)

Rashika @ The Social Potato

Tracy Terry  – (6 juni 2014 om 05:45)  

Whilst I don't find either of these covers at all appealing if I had to pick I'd go with the one on the left as I really don't like the rose on the US cover.

Nina  – (6 juni 2014 om 11:25)  

@Christina:
You're welcome! The rose is def. eye-catching. I love the rose.

@Rashika:
I'm sucker for pretty covers aswell.

@Tracy Terry:
lol. You don't? You're not into roses, are you?

Reviews from a Bookworm  – (6 juni 2014 om 11:31)  

I'd go US as well, but agree that they didn't use the best font for it.

Melliane  – (6 juni 2014 om 11:36)  

I confess that the 2 are really beautiful but for different reasons. I love the colors of the US one, with the rose. The Dutch has a whole atmosphere with this cover. Thanks for sharing, I didn't know the book.

Nina  – (6 juni 2014 om 11:46)  

@Reviews from a Bookworm:
Yeah, they def. could have used a better font.

@Melliane:
You're welcome. :)

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (6 juni 2014 om 12:09)  

I'd have to go with the Dutch cover. The knees, if not looked at properly could look like another body part. I do like the rose in it though.

Nina  – (6 juni 2014 om 12:17)  

@Melissa:
OMG, you're right!

Blodeuedd  – (6 juni 2014 om 13:40)  

Yay this is back :D

Hm...the US cos of the rose, but the Dutch is better in a way

Nina  – (6 juni 2014 om 15:09)  

@Blodeuedd:
I'm happy that you love these posts! :)
The rose is pretty, isn't it?

Kindlemom  – (6 juni 2014 om 19:27)  

I actually like both covers. I like the soft colors of the first and the bold stand out color of the rose in the second. Plus, all that dirt makes me more curious about what is inside than the first cover.

Nina  – (7 juni 2014 om 09:21)  

@Kindlemom:
True! The dirt is making me curious as well. More mysterious lookking cover.

Braine TS  – (7 juni 2014 om 11:25)  

I prefer the American cover better, the flower with them dirty legs is a good contrast

Nina  – (7 juni 2014 om 11:39)  

@Braine TS:
I agree. And it makes me really curious about the story.

vvb32 reads  – (7 juni 2014 om 11:44)  

US cover - I do like the rose and the contrasting gritty legs. The Dutch one doesn't seem to match the title because the girl's eyes are open - so she looks alive instead of dead and gone.

Nina  – (7 juni 2014 om 12:43)  

@vvb32:
I agree with you. The Dutch cover looks like the girl probably is gone missing or something.

Faye M.  – (7 juni 2014 om 19:13)  

I'd have to go with the American cover as well! The Dutch one is beautiful in its own right, but I'm getting sick of covers with people's faces on them, and would love more symbolism.

Faye at The Social Potato Reviews

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP