Guardian of the Gate by Michelle Zink

Guardian of the Gate by Michelle Zink
Release date: August, 2010
Pages: 352
Source: Bought

My feelings:



Description:
The ultimate battle between sisters is nearing, and its outcome could have catastrophic consequences. As sixteen year-old Lia Milthorpe searches for a way to end the prophecy, her twin sister Alice hones the skills she'll need to defeat Lia. Alice will stop at nothing to reclaim her sister's role in the prophecy, and that's not the only thing she wants: There's also Lia's boyfriend James.

Lia and Alice always knew the Prophecy would turn those closest to them against them. But they didn't know what betrayal could lead them to do. In the end, only one sister will be left standing

My Review:
After reading the Prophecy of the Sisters, the first book in the series, I immediately bought and read the sequel. And I’m happy to tell you that the sequel wasn’t a let-down! It was a very good follow-up.

The narration of the second book is still Lia. I thought maybe the author would switch it up. But, no it's still Lia. Lia is learning more about the prophecy and how to end it. Even though I liked the narration of Lia, I was a bit disappointed that there wasn’t a lot of Alice in the book. I would have loved to read more about her, especially how she is dealing with the prophecy. All of the other characters are great. Especially Dimitri. He was super protective, strong and very mysterious.

The story is written very well and it has more action in it than the first book. So hooray for that! Also a lot more romance. The dialogue between Dimitri and Lia is adorable! The story suprised me big time. The last couple of chapters were page-turners and were super fast paced. I loved it! 

I cannot wait to read the last book in the series. I have high hopes for it and I have my fingers crossed that there will be lots and lots more pages filled with Alice. I highly recommend Prophecy of the Sisters

Kelsey  – (9 juni 2014 om 10:31)  

I LOVED Prophecy of the Sisters when I read it a few years ago, but I never got around to the rest of the series. I really need to! Nice review, glad you enjoyed it!

Nina  – (9 juni 2014 om 11:03)  

@Kelsey:
It's really a great series! I loved the first and the second book and I hope the last one is awesome as well! :) Hopefully you'll read the rest of the series! :)

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (9 juni 2014 om 12:36)  

So glad you enjoyed the second book so much. Oh I have this on my wishlist. Do want to read the series.

Nina  – (9 juni 2014 om 14:10)  

@Melissa: It's so good! I'm super happy that the second book wasn't a let-down. I would have been so disappointed.

Kindlemom  – (9 juni 2014 om 14:45)  

You just reminded me that I have been meaning to pick up this series and completely forgot about it! it sounds fantastic. Great review!

Reviews from a Bookworm  – (9 juni 2014 om 14:59)  

Happy to see that you enjoyed the sequel as well. It always sucks when the sequel doesn't work out or disappoints you. Will definitely need to check this series out. Thanks for sharing :)

Nina  – (9 juni 2014 om 15:02)  

@Kindlemom:
Yay! Please let me know what you think of the first book. Very curious. :)

@Reviews from a Bookworm:
Yes, def. I hate it when the second book is disaster! :)

Braine TS  – (9 juni 2014 om 18:25)  

I want to read her latest YA whose title I forgot. All I know is that it's got this amazing cover art LOL. I've read her adult novella series, loved it, loved her writing voice plus she's a KMM Fever fan so win-win!

Little Miss Becky  – (9 juni 2014 om 18:27)  

I adored this series all the way through. I'm really glad to see you enjoyed it and I can't wait to see your reaction to book 3!

Melliane  – (9 juni 2014 om 21:31)  

Oh it's nice to have a great second book like that! Sometimes it's a bit tricky. I didn't know it but I really hope book 3 will be as good. great review!

Blodeuedd  – (9 juni 2014 om 22:46)  

I remember hearing about this one and everyone seemed to love it too :)

Tracy Terry  – (10 juni 2014 om 05:55)  

Ooh, warring sisters, sounds good to me.

Megan R  – (10 juni 2014 om 08:05)  

I haven't tried this series, but it sounds a little like the Cahill Witch Chronicles by Jessica Spotswood (which I loved). I read A Temptation of Angels a while ago, but didn't love it.

Michelle@Book Briefs  – (10 juni 2014 om 12:26)  

i love that you ran out and bought the next book in the series right after reading the first one. And I love even more that this one was not a let down.

I think I have the first book sitting on my TBR somewhere but I still have not had the chance to read it yet.

Great Review!

Michelle @ Book Briefs

Nina  – (10 juni 2014 om 15:24)  

@Braine TS:
Def. checking her adult books out. She's a fantastic writer. :)

@Melliane:
Me too! I hope the third book is going to be a wonderful. :) I seriously can't wait to read it.

@Little Miss Becky:
I hope it's going to be a great ending to the series.

@Blodeuedd:
Yeah,a lot of people read this series already and a lot of them did like it. Super glad that I'm one of those people now. :) Well, I still have to read the final one, but soon! ..

Nina  – (10 juni 2014 om 15:25)  

@Tracy Terry:
Yes, sisters fighting each-other. Woohoo. Lol.

@Michelle:
Oh, please do read it! It's so good. You won't regret it.

Rashika  – (12 juni 2014 om 05:28)  

My sister was actually reading this Prophecy of The Sisters a while ago and I myself have had an eye on book 1 for ages!! I am so glad to see that the sequel wasn't a let down even if you were a little disappointed by the narration.

Lovely review, Nina!!

Rashika @ The Social Potato

Nina  – (12 juni 2014 om 12:42)  

@Rashika:
I just found out (bit late, but hey! ) that this series has novellas. And one of those novellas is about the other sister. Yay! Going to check that out! :) Thanx Rashika!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP