John Dreamer by Elise Celine

John Dreamer by Elise Celine
Release date: February, 2014
Pages: 203
Source: Received for review from Netgalley – AuthorBuzz

My feelings: 




Description:
Andy wasn’t usually sure about much, but she was absolutely certain this was the weirdest day of her life as she stood stranded in the middle of a great white room with six strangers. Well, they were mostly strangers. She could have sworn she’d seen the guy with the green eyes before, and maybe that was why he kept staring at her. 

When a man calling himself the Guardian appeared and said they had come to make their deepest dreams come true, they embark on an adventure none of them ever imagined, and the consequences of their actions would change them forever.

My Review:
I started this book with absolutely  no idea which direction it will take and what it really was about. So, why did I wanted to read the book? Very good question. I was intrigued.

There are seven young adults in this book: Andy, John, Olivia, Marcus, Matty, Linda and Roy. Andy is the protagonist of the story , but there is one chapter that is written from Roys point of view. Andy is a girl with a secret, John is the brave leader, Olivia is the spoiled, rich kid (yes, you always need one of those in stories), Matty is the boy who get teased a lot and gets overlooked, Linda, the quite girl, who wants to hide in the corner 90% of the time and Roy, the bully. All of these characters  are very different from each other, but the one thing they have in common is that they all have something to learn about themselves. And they all learn that something new in a very unique way. I liked the characters. There wasn’t much depth to any of them, not even with Andy, but I’m hoping that in the next book there will be more information about them. The guardians in the book stood out for me. They were awesome, dramatic and quite fun.

When I started the book, I did not quite understood what the story was about. The premise doesn’t give a lot away and while I was reading, the story surprised me. With 203 pages I don’t want to give a lot away and don’t you just love being surprised?. So, If you like the premise, just try it. It’s a quick, easy read and very enjoyable. Now I do have to say it isn’t mind-blowing, super awesome and I wouldn’t recommend the book to everyone (especially not to people who don’t love dramatic characters and theatre), but it’s a fast paced book with an interesting and unique plot. It’s different.

All in all John Dreamer is a solid start to a new young adult series and I can’t wait to read the rest of the series. 

Jazmen ThisGirlReadsAlot  – (22 juni 2014 om 13:10)  

I was sort of confused at first but the story has such a solid message. It's a unique story and I think it's worth reading. Great review! :)
Jazmen@ThisGirlReadsAlot

Nina  – (22 juni 2014 om 16:31)  

@Jazmen:
Yeah, it was a bit weird in the beginning, but it turned out to be such an entertaining read. :) Thanx for stopping by.

Rashika  – (23 juni 2014 om 04:42)  

For me dramatic characters don't always work and I am always a little vary but you definitely have me intrigued. There seems to be a large variety of characters and I get the feeling the will all undergo substantial character growth which is always a good thing!

Fantastic review, Nina!! :)

Rashika @ The Social Potato

Nina  – (23 juni 2014 om 07:21)  

@Rashika:
I agree, sometimes dramatic characters can be just a bit too much. ;) Thanx Rashika. :)

Brandi Kosiner  – (23 juni 2014 om 10:00)  

The abundance of characters might throw me and especially being confused about what's going on. But does sound like important message and I enjoy the cover

Kindlemom  – (23 juni 2014 om 10:05)  

This sounds like it is one of those easy fast reads perfect for a little escape.

Reviews from a Bookworm  – (23 juni 2014 om 10:08)  

Great review. This one sounds really interesting and I like that it doesn't give much away in the synopsis. It can be pretty nice to be surprised by the read, as long as it's a good surprise ;)

Nina  – (23 juni 2014 om 10:24)  

@Brandi:
I love the cover as well. And the chairs have something to do with the characters in the story. I thought I was going to be confused as well, but it's really an easy read. And even though there are seven characters, each chapter is about one of them. So it's pretty easy to follow. ;)

@Kindlemom:
Yes, perfect for lazy Sunday afternoons.

@Reviews from a Bookworm:
True to that! For me, it was a great suprise.

Blodeuedd  – (23 juni 2014 om 11:34)  

I do not want to rush out and buy it, but I would not say no to it at the library

Nina  – (23 juni 2014 om 12:16)  

@Blodeuedd:
Hopefully your library gets a copy and you can borrow it. It's very entertaining, but I do think it won't appeal to everyone.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (23 juni 2014 om 13:04)  

Might be something I would have to library book1 These characters sound interesting.

Nina  – (23 juni 2014 om 13:05)  

@Melissa:
They really are interesting. Hopefully your library got the book. :)

A Canadian Girl  – (23 juni 2014 om 21:55)  

Although the synopsis sounds interesting, I probably won't read this one because I tend not to like dramatic characters. I look forward to seeing what you think of the sequel though, Nina :)

Nina  – (24 juni 2014 om 06:59)  

@A Canadian Girl:
Thanx! I love dramatic characters, but if you don't like them you'll probably end up hating the guardians. They are very dramatic. :)

Angela's Anxious Life  – (24 juni 2014 om 19:09)  

This looks like an intriguing read to me ... I do love to be surprised and I love stories that are different so this sounds like the book for me!

Nina  – (25 juni 2014 om 06:40)  

@Angela's Anxious Life:
Yay! It's very different and unique. I mean, I haven't read read anything like it before.

Lisa @ Lost in Literature  – (25 juni 2014 om 18:48)  

Hmmmm, this actually sounds really good to me! I just may need to check it out myself. Great review!

Nina  – (26 juni 2014 om 08:49)  

@Lisa:
Thanx! Hopefully you'll enjoy it as much as I did. :)

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP