Poison Princess by Kresley Cole

Poison Princess by Kresley Cole
Release date: October, 2012
Pages: 369
Source: Bought

My feelings:



Description:

She could save the world—or destroy it.Sixteen-year-old Evangeline "Evie" Greene leads a charmed life, until she begins experiencing horrifying hallucinations. When an apocalyptic event decimates her Louisiana hometown, Evie realizes her hallucinations were actually visions of the future—and they're still happening. Fighting for her life and desperate for answers, she must turn to her wrong-side-of-the-bayou classmate: Jack Deveaux. But she can't do either alone. With his mile-long rap sheet, wicked grin, and bad attitude, Jack is like no boy Evie has ever known. Even though he once scorned her and everything she represented, he agrees to protect Evie on her quest. She knows she can't totally depend on Jack. If he ever cast that wicked grin her way, could she possibly resist him?Who can Evie trust?As Jack and Evie race to find the source of her visions, they meet others who have gotten the same call. An ancient prophesy is being played out, and Evie is not the only one with special powers. A group of twenty-two teens has been chosen to reenact the ultimate battle between good and evil. But it's not always clear who is on which side.

My Review:

Have you ever read a book and fell deeply in love with it? So deep that it took you one day to finish the book and you just had to get the sequel immediately. I have, & Poison Princess is one of them. Holy moly, this book was incredible!

The characters are made out of awesomeness! Yes, awesomeness! They are well-developed, there is depth in each and every one of them. The main character is Evie, she’s strong, brave and feisty. Jack, the love interest, is independent, a fighter and just kick-ass cool. There is so much love here, I just can’t explain.

The plot is action-packed throughout. Evie and Jack are on the run to find answers and everywhere they go they have to overcome obstacles. They also have to deal with the superpowers Evie has and what it all has to do with the ‘end of the world’ issue. While reading Poison Princess there was no way that I could have taken a break, it was unputdownable. There was so much goodness going on, I just could not leave it for even a minute.

You need to check Poison Princess out! Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to read book two. 

Jazmen ThisGirlReadsAlot  – (25 juni 2014 om 09:31)  

I actually bought the kindle of this book when it was like 1.99 and it's still sitting there. I just I need to move this one on up my TBR! Great Review!
Jazmen@ThisGirlReadsAlot

Danna (Bananas For Books)  – (25 juni 2014 om 09:42)  

This book was definitely interesting for me. It was unique and I really liked it as well. Thanks for the great review!
-Danna

Nina  – (25 juni 2014 om 09:53)  

@Jazmen:
That cheap! Love it! You should read it ASAP. It's so good! :)

@Danna:
Yay! that you liked it as well. Have you read the sequel? Was it good?

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (25 juni 2014 om 12:34)  

Yes! I so want to read this series. I may be the only one not reading it. :) You pushed it higher up my wishlist!

Nina  – (25 juni 2014 om 13:29)  

@Melissa:
Yay! Yes, def. check it out. It's so good!

Kelsey  – (25 juni 2014 om 13:45)  

Wow this sounds awesome! I will definitely be checking this out :)

Sandy  – (25 juni 2014 om 14:08)  

The publisher sent me the second book a while back but I never picked up the first book...clearly I need to now!! :)

Nina  – (25 juni 2014 om 14:40)  

@Kelsey:
Yay! Have fun reading the book.

@Sandy:
That's pretty awesome! I just bought the second book and I'm going to start tonight! :) I hope you'll enjoy the first book.

Christina / Book Addict  – (25 juni 2014 om 17:53)  

Your review has me excited for this book. Thanks for putting it on my radar. I will definitely be adding it to my TBR list. Great review, Nina!

A Canadian Girl  – (26 juni 2014 om 04:00)  

The cover of this one doesn't make me think YA for some reason. It sounds like a great book though, and I love feisty characters so I'll have to check this one out, Nina. Thanks for the recommendation.

The Readdicts  – (26 juni 2014 om 06:21)  

Oh I really want to read Poison Princess! The cover is fabulous and the action packed story is right up my alley. I'm so glad you loved it Nina! :)

Janhvi @ The Readdicts

Andrea  – (26 juni 2014 om 07:23)  

I'll have to check it out!

Nina  – (26 juni 2014 om 08:52)  

@A Canadian Girl:
Yes, this book has def. feisty characters. Loved them. :)

@Andrea:
Yay!!

@The Readdicts:
Yes, the cover is fabulous. I don't own a physical copy, bought it on the Kindle, but because I love it so much I might buy the books in hardcover. ;)

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (26 juni 2014 om 15:53)  

So glad it was that great of a read for you! :) Awesome. Thank you for sharing!! :D Will have to look into it. :)

Rashika  – (27 juni 2014 om 04:24)  

I am so glad to see you enjoyed this one more than I did, Nina! :)

I loved the concept but I never really liked the characters so I had to DNF this one :/

I really hope you enjoy the sequel as well, Nina!! :)

Rashika @ The Social Potato

Rashika  – (27 juni 2014 om 04:24)  

I am so glad to see you enjoyed this one more than I did, Nina! :)

I loved the concept but I never really liked the characters so I had to DNF this one :/

I really hope you enjoy the sequel as well, Nina!! :)

Rashika @ The Social Potato

Nina  – (27 juni 2014 om 11:45)  

@Melissa:
No problem! I love sharing my feelings! Especially when i love the book! :)

@Rashika:
Oh no! Really? Why?

Lea (YA Book Queen)  – (30 juni 2014 om 08:54)  

This is one of those books I meant to check out but forget to do so. Sounds like I need to make a trip to the library to see if they have a copy!

Great review :)

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP