Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard

Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard
Release date: March, 2013
Pages: 338
Source: Bought

My feelings:



Description:
It all begins with a stupid question:

Are you a Global Vagabond?

No, but 18-year-old Bria Sandoval wants to be. In a quest for independence, her neglected art, and no-strings-attached hookups, she signs up for a guided tour of Central America—the wrong one. Middle-aged tourists with fanny packs are hardly the key to self-rediscovery. When Bria meets Rowan, devoted backpacker and dive instructor, and his outspokenly humanitarian sister Starling, she seizes the chance to ditch her group and join them off the beaten path.

Bria's a good girl trying to go bad. Rowan's a bad boy trying to stay good. As they travel across a panorama of Mayan villages, remote Belizean islands, and hostels plagued with jungle beasties, they discover what they've got in common: both seek to leave behind the old versions of themselves. And the secret to escaping the past, Rowan’s found, is to keep moving forward.

But Bria comes to realize she can't run forever, no matter what Rowan says. If she ever wants the courage to fall for someone worthwhile, she has to start looking back.

My review:
As you all know I love to travel. And I love to read books that are set in another country and books about characters travelling. So going in I was super excited and I’m happy to tell you I really enjoyed it.

Bria is a young girl that wants to get away from home (parents) and her bad break-up. She was sad, which was understandable, but when you make up your mind to travel and trying to forget about the past, at least put a smile on your face and try. In the beginning she’s very immature and na├»ve. When she meets Rowan and his sister, she starts to act differently and changes her path. She becomes adventurous and brave. I really liked that side of her. I also liked Rowan. He’s mysterious and even though he doesn’t give a lot of information about himself, you could tell that he’s smart and caring.

I love Central America and I love the feeling I got while reading this book. The feeling was that I wanted to travel more. I want to see the world and learn new cultures and meet new people. The plot is all about character development and travelling. I loved it. There are also drawings in the book and they are very beautiful.

I highly recommend Wanderlove. It’s a great summer read.

Braine TS  – (2 juni 2014 om 11:21)  

I want to be a rolling stone too! But I'm too old to backpack around the world not unless I land a super awesome job that will take me places. I love the escape this provides though.

Nina  – (2 juni 2014 om 11:36)  

@Brain TS: Ah! You can always go on vacation or take a tour through Central America. :) You're never to old!

Megan R  – (2 juni 2014 om 11:37)  

I love travelling and wish I could do it more. I really want to read this one.

Nina  – (2 juni 2014 om 11:59)  

@Megan R: Hopefully one day you can! :) I def. recommend this book & because you love travelling you'll love it. :)

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (2 juni 2014 om 12:45)  

I love travel books like this too. I always want to do some traveling especially when the book makes you feel as if you were there. Oh I hope you get to travel more.

Blodeuedd  – (2 juni 2014 om 12:53)  

Cool that she goes for it :)

Reviews from a Bookworm  – (2 juni 2014 om 14:17)  

I haven't heard of this one but now I am really intrigued, thanks for sharing :)

Nina  – (2 juni 2014 om 14:30)  

@Melissa:
Me too! Love these kind of books & of course travelling. So many places to visit.

@Blodeuedd: Def!

@Reviews from a Bookworm:
You're welcome! :)

Kindlemom  – (2 juni 2014 om 15:08)  

This does sound like a great summer read.

Nina  – (2 juni 2014 om 16:17)  

@Kindlemom:
Yeah, it totally is a great summer read! :)

Rashika  – (3 juni 2014 om 13:27)  

This book has been on my TBR list since forever. I've been meaning to read it too seeing that it has such raving review but I always keep on forgetting about it.

I am really glad to see you enjoyed it though! :)

Lovely review!!

Rashika @ The Social Potato

Lea (YA Book Queen)  – (3 juni 2014 om 16:04)  

So glad you enjoyed this one! Such a great traveling story, and the art was fabulous.

Great review :D

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (3 juni 2014 om 18:10)  

Oh so neat! I've not heard of this one before, but does sound good. Glad you enjoyed it!

Nina  – (4 juni 2014 om 17:44)  

@Lea:
Loved the art! So well-done.

@Melissa:
Yeah, it's very interesting and def. give it a go if you love travelling. & a good contemporary book.

Nina  – (4 juni 2014 om 17:44)  

@Rashika:
I'm like that too! Just too many great books to choose from. Hopefully you'll get it and love it. :)

A Canadian Girl  – (4 juni 2014 om 20:17)  

This is one of my favourite books, Nina. I loved the drawings, the characters, the way the author makes you feel like you're traveling with Bria ... lol, basically everything about it. After reading this one, I just wanted to jump on a plane and go somewhere.

Kelsey  – (5 juni 2014 om 10:23)  

I loved this one, as well! It definitely gave me the urge to go exploring :)

Nina  – (5 juni 2014 om 11:25)  

@A Canadian Girl: Yay! I had no idea that it's your favourite contemp. I should have known that! :) The drawings are really beautiful. I love the artwork in the book. And yes, the same feeling here after reading the book. If only.. :)

@Kelsey: Yay! Yes, def. wanted to go exploring after reading the book. To pack my bags and go to South America.

Nina  – (5 juni 2014 om 11:25)  
Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.
vvb32 reads  – (7 juni 2014 om 11:40)  

Thanks for the review. I think I'd like this one. I'm adding it to my tbr list.

Nina  – (7 juni 2014 om 12:40)  

@vvb32: Yay! I hope you end up loving it. :)

Lisa @ Lost in Literature  – (8 juni 2014 om 06:28)  

I keep seeing this one popping up here and there. And for whatever reason, I didn't really jump on it when it was first released, but now I'm definitely eager to see what it's all about. Thanks for the review! I hope to get this one very soon. :)

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP