Dollhouse by Anya Allyn

Dollhouse by Anya Allyn
Release date:
- , 2012
Pages: 373
Source: Received for review from Netgalley – CreateSpace  

My feelings:



Description:
Four teenagers chance across a mysterious, crumbling mansion in the depths of the mountains....
- One of them is about to vanish.
- One of them is lying about what he or she knows.
- None of them will escape the fate awaiting them in the terrifying Dollhouse beneath the old mansion--a place of nightmarish horrors and insanity.

A slow-burn nightmare, a world of supernatural darkness and strange secrets.

Six months ago, fifteen-year-old Cassie Claiborne reluctantly moved from her home in Florida with her social worker mom. In her new home--a remote, mountainous Australian town, Cassie meets new friends--Aisha Dumaj, Ethan McAllister and Lacey Dougherty.

For the first time, Cassie falls in love. The only problem is that the boy she falls for is her friend, Ethan--and he and Aisha are already an item. When Cassie goes on a school hike to Devils Hole with her new friends, she tries desperately to keep her feelings for Ethan secret.

Aisha disappears on the hike without a trace--with the police believing she was murdered.

When Cassie, Ethan and Lacey return to the mountains to search for Aisha--Cassie begins to realize she never really knew any of her friends. Everyone has their own secrets. She discovers the stranger lurking inside everyone she thought she knew.

My Review:
Two things that scare me in horror movies are children and dolls. So, I knew that this book with dolls in the title  was going to be terrifying.

Cassie was a so/so character. At times I liked her and then at other times I wanted to hit her and yell at her for acting like a damn fool in love. I mean, who would have thoughts of liking and wanting to kiss someone in the freaky situation they were in. There isn’t much character growth or depth, but I didn’t mind that at all mainly because of the creepy, intense plot.

And the plot is for sure creepy. Dolls, trapped in an old mansion in the middle of the woods, a life sized clown, weird  scary people (are they people? Confusing), scared yet?  There’s just so much creepiness in this book I couldn’t put the book down. I was reading Dollhouse almost through the entire night. It ended with a evil cliff-hanger and now I must get the sequel to Dollhouse. There are just way too many questions unanswered.

If you like spooky, creepy reads you’ll love Dollhouse.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (9 juli 2014 om 13:34)  

Hm... not sure if this one is for me. I'm with you... dolls can be so creepy. Now clown dolls... *shiver* Tell me there are no clown dolls! :)

A Canadian Girl  – (9 juli 2014 om 20:03)  

This one sounds so creepy I'm not sure I should read it because I'm such a scaredy-cat. The main character, however, sounds rather annoying. If I was trapped in a terrifying situation, romance would be the last thing on my mind.

Daisy Chain Book Reviews  – (11 juli 2014 om 06:12)  

I like the sound of this one - and love the cover! Dolls can be so creepy!

Megan R  – (23 juli 2014 om 14:01)  

I think dolls are majorly creepy! But a character who was more worried about kissing than surviving would annoy me a lot.

Tracy Terry  – (26 juli 2014 om 10:57)  

Way too creepy for me by the looks/sound of it. Whilst I could happily read such books during my teenage years I'm afraid they now tend to give me nightmares.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP