Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
Release date: August, 2010
Pages: 335
Source: Bought

My feelings:



Description:
Evie’s always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals’ glamours.

But Evie’s about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.

My Review:
I finally read Paranormalcy! I finally did it. *applause* Thank you, thank you!
Paranormalcy is a great start to hopefully an fantastic  paranormal series. I really enjoyed the first book.

Evie, the protagonist, is a funny character. She’s smart, brave (especially with her pink taser) and can for sure kick some serious ass. She’s badass! The dialogue she has with others is just laugh out loud funny and I love her voice. She would be such a great friend to hang around with. The other characters in Paranormalcy are great as well. Even though Reth, the ex-boyfriend, the faery, is wicked, I think he’s delightful. I like faeries, even if they are bad.

The plot is fantastic. It’s not only about the mystery around the agency, but actually also about Evie wanting to be a  normal teenager and why that’s not possible. The story was fast-paced and it was easy to read in two or three days. I like my quick, easy reads. I’m so happy that I decided to try this series and now I can’t wait to start with Supernaturally, the sequel. 

Faye M.  – (7 juli 2014 om 06:07)  

I'm so wary of Kiersten White's writings because of her recent books that have been duds, but I have people reassuring me that while her recent books aren't that great, her Paranormalcy ones really were! I might try this one out especially since you liked it so much!

Faye at The Social Potato

Blodeuedd  – (7 juli 2014 om 07:18)  

I have heard it's awesome so I would sure love to try it :D

Kindlemom  – (7 juli 2014 om 07:57)  

I have really wanted to read this one as well and have just put it on hold. So happy to see you really liked it and are glad you finally got to it as well. I guess I really should push it up the good ole' TBR pile.

Nina  – (7 juli 2014 om 09:25)  

@Faye:
I haven't read many reviews for her new books, but I really like this one! & if the trilogy turns out to be really awesome, I might try her new books. I do like her writingstyle.

@Blodeuedd:
Yes, it def. is awesome! lol. Hopefully you'll end up loving the books.

@Kindlemom:
Me too. But, I'm so happy I tried it.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (7 juli 2014 om 13:16)  

I have this one too, but haven't read it yet. You are quite ahead of me then. :) I'm glad you enjoyed it. That tells me I'm going to as well.

A Canadian Girl  – (8 juli 2014 om 04:27)  

I really enjoyed this series, Nina. It's so entertaining and Evie is hilarious. Also, how cute is Lend? I hope you enjoy Supernaturally just as much!

Christina / Book Addict  – (8 juli 2014 om 04:55)  

I'm glad you liked this book! I really did as well, but for some reason, I never continued with the series. I will have to keep my eyes out for your thoughts on book two! Great review, Nina!

Nina  – (9 juli 2014 om 04:47)  

@Melissa:
Yay! Enjoy the book.

@A Canadian Girl:
Yes, Lend is super cute! J'adore! But, I do like Reth a bit more. :)

Nina  – (9 juli 2014 om 04:48)  

@Christina:
I'm having trouble myself keeping up with series. There way too many ya series/trilogies. :)

Kelsey  – (9 juli 2014 om 21:05)  

Yeah I'm glad you finally read this- and that you enjoyed it! This reminds me that I really need to get around to finishing this series

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP