My Year of Epic Rock by Andrea Pyros

My Year of Epic Rock by Andrea Pyros
Release date: September, 2014
Pages: 195
Source: Borrowed

My feelings:

Description:
If Life Was Like a Song Nina Simmons’ song would be “You Can’t Always Eat What You Want.” (Peanut allergies, ugh). But that’s okay, because as her best friend Brianna always said, “We’re All in This Together.” Until the first day of the seventh grade, when Brianna dumps her to be BFFs with the popular new girl. Left all alone, Nina is forced to socialize with “her own kind”–banished to the peanut-free table with the other allergy outcasts. As a joke, she tells her new pals they should form a rock band called EpiPens. (Get it?) Apparently, allergy sufferers don’t understand sarcasm, because the next thing Nina knows she’s the lead drummer. Now Nina has to decide: adopt a picture-perfect pop personality to fit in with Bri and her new BFF or embrace her inner rocker and the spotlight. Well..Call Me a Rock Star, Maybe.

My Review:
I adore My Year of Epic Rock

Nina, don't you just adore the name?, is a insecure young adult who can't for the life figure out why her best friend isn't her best friend anymore. I thought Brianna was a horrible person. Who would do that to a friend? I loved Ninas family. Her parents are so caring. Her mom is super sweet and loves to bake. When they were talking about cookies, I wanted to go to the supermarket and buy cookies. I needed cookies. I needed the cookies her mom baked. All of the other characters were great too. Not a lot of depth to them, but with 195 pages I didn't expected it to be there and really, it wasn't necessary. 

The plot is simple, but just so sweet. Because the book is so short, I don't want to give away a lot. I will say, when you start reading My Year of Epic Rock, you will read it in one sitting. 

So, get some cookies and read My Year of Epic Rock

Blodeuedd  – (22 november 2017 om 11:36)  

Lol, I want someone with my name too

Melliane  – (24 november 2017 om 00:42)  

it looks perfect to have a light and good time!

Suzanne at The Bookish Libra  – (25 november 2017 om 06:49)  

Sounds like a fun read. Glad you enjoyed it!

Sarah @ A Weebish Book Blog  – (25 november 2017 om 07:07)  

Bwahaha its always fun when the MC shares your name :)

Kindlemom  – (25 november 2017 om 09:28)  

This really does sound like so much fun! Perfect for a weekend read.

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer  – (25 november 2017 om 12:06)  

This sounds cute and I love when you can devour a book in one sitting :)

Shooting Stars Mag  – (25 november 2017 om 15:19)  

Great name! ;) I'm glad you liked this one. Seems like a really sweet read. :)

-Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net

Just Another Girl and Her Books  – (25 november 2017 om 15:44)  

This sounds cute, and sadly I can absolutely believe that in the 7th grade a friend would suddenly decide to ditch their best friend to be friends with someone more popular. Kids are mean.

Great review. - Katie

bermudaonion  – (25 november 2017 om 16:53)  

My son had a friend do that to him when they reached high school so it must not be uncommon. This sounds like a book kids can relate to.

Nina  – (26 november 2017 om 06:54)  

@Midnight Cowgirl: It totally is!

@bermudanonion: I think so too. Everyone changes in highschool and friends too.

@Just Another Girl and Her Books: It's is! Very cute, just adorable. And I agree, kids are mean!

@Shooting Stars Mag & Sarah: lol, love it!

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP